Cobham Mission Systems is seeking a Contract Administrator that provides contractual guidance, helping to conduct contract negotiations, negotiating terms and conditions, overriding agreements, non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements in accordance with corporate policies, reviewing and managing contracts, changes in scope, equitable adjustments, helping to ensure contracts are properly structured and executed within budget in accordance with company policies, customer specifications, statements of work, and government regulations. This position is located in Orchard Park, NY.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and expertise in contract management concepts.
- Negotiate complex terms and conditions, identifying and recommending mitigation solutions for onerous terms and conditions.
- Advise program and senior management of potential program risks in accordance with the contracts policy, company goals and objectives and legal requirements.
- Assist customer service and purchasing by providing direction on contractual matters.
- Provide guidance on FAR/DFARS/TINA/UCC/CAS/ITAR/EAR and other government procurement regulations.
- Provide guidance regarding intellectual property concepts and their application.
- Work independently with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment handling a variety of high level contracting activities.
- Demonstrate verbal and written communications skills that allow the individual to effectively interface with various levels of management both within the company and within the customer.
- Prepares customer correspondence as needed in order to respond to customer legal issues and terms and conditions negotiations.
- Evaluate assigned contracts in accordance with Contracts Framework policy.
- Assists in the administration of the purchase orders or contract.
- Review and execution of Non-Disclosure Agreements.
- Minimum of two years of government contract or subcontract administration experience in the defense contractor manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with negotiating price and terms and conditions including reduction of risk through identification of onerous terms and conditions.
- Experience with FFP (Firm Fixed Price), CPFF (Cost Plus Fixed Fee) and T&M (Time and Materials) contracts in a manufacturing company.
- Knowledge of intellectual property concepts and their application.
- Experience managing multiple high level contracting activities.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- MBA and/or JD.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of export regulations.
- Experience in a manufacturing and/or aerospace and defense company.
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills, and excellent internal and external customer interface.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers