Cobham Aerospace Connectivity are looking for Systems Engineer
This role is based in either Leatherhead, Surrey or Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Cobham, the leading global technology and services innovator have a fantastic to work on our market leading products providing Microwave, RF antenna and Electronic Design within the Aerospace Connectivity Business Unit of Cobham’s Communications and Connectivity Sector. Our products are designed for air, land and sea to high specifications and with new products coming through you will be involved in exciting technical challenges.
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity design and manufacture active and passive avionics antennas and electronic control systems for military and civil communications, navigation and search and rescue applications. We pioneered frequency agile VHF tuneable antennas and continue to be a key supplier to major avionics companies. Our GPS anti-jam technology utilises state of the art DSP algorithms with an active antenna to eliminate both narrow-band and wide-band jamming signals. We have world leading technology in Ground Penetrating Radar and RF interference mitigation. Both military and civil users rely on our direction finding systems for search and rescue operations. We develop and manufacture high specification sector and multi-sector, directional, omni-directional, ultra-wideband (UWB) and MIMO antennas.
You will be working within a team of hardware and software design engineers, programme managers, and other supporting functions, to deliver project specific goals. This would typically cover the full development cycle from requirements capture, system level design, concept development, simulation, prototyping, build, through to verification and production handover. Our production facility is on-site and we are proud to be supporting British manufacturing.
Your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Team working ability, with good interpersonal skills and commitment to project success and drive to deliver on time
- Relevant Systems Engineering design experience, such as supporting architectural design or requirements analysis
- Some understanding of other engineering domains, including RF, electrical, mechanical, software
- Able to work under supervision from technical management following the constraints of schedule, cost and quality, and use own judgement to know when to escalate issues
- An education to degree level or equivalent in equivalent in an engineering or engineering related discipline
- All applicants must have or be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Any of the following knowledge or experience is also desirable for this role:
- Development of aircraft products, particulary RF electronics technology, designed to meet airborne standards, certifications and regulations, such as ARINC, RTCA or EASA
- Communications systems, technology, protocols and standards, for example, 3GPP LTE
- Air-to-ground radio systems, technology and issues
- Experience in devolving a system requirement to a set of hardware and/or software subsystems described by architectural diagrams and interface descriptions
- Able to communicate technical issues clearly to non-technical audiences
- Specfic Systems Engineering methods, such as use case modelling, state diagrams or UML
- Use of a requirements management tool such as DOORS, to perform system requirements validation, decomposition with traceability or to manage the verification of the requirements through a full product lifecycle
- Engineering management techniques such as scheduling, cost estimation or risk analysis
- System simulation and signal processing, for example Matlab
- Use of RF test equipment
- Design, coding, debugging, testing and maintenance of software, ideally for embedded applications encompassing low-level hardware interface code or higher level software designs running within an embedded operating system environment.
- Familiarity with electronic and mechanical CAD packages, such as Altium and Solidworks
- Relevant systems engineering disciplines, including configuration management, control engineering, interface control design, reliability engineering, safety engineering, security engineering
About Cobham Aerospace Connectivity
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity provide peace of mind with resilient data transmission solutions for mission critical operations. We are a market-leading supplier of advanced, ultra-reliable integrated systems for avionics, radar, surveillance and SATCOM applications. Through continual innovation we are able to supply highly resilient, totally dependable solutions with low through-life costs that deliver outstanding performance and outstanding value. A wide range of products are available for customers, small and large, worldwide in Commercial, Military, Satellite and Security markets.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page