Cobham is seeking an Electrical Engineer. This position is located in Prescott, AZ.
- Responsible for design and development of new avionics equipment.
- Responsible for design of airborne radios for communication and navigation, airborne servers, audio control panels, audio management units, and other avionics instrumentation.
- Sustaining the engineering of existing products.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, or other STEM disciplines.
- Engineering experience as a digital design specialist with circuit design skills using logic, CPLDs, FPGAs.
- Experience using bench equipment such as; oscilloscopes, distortion analyzers, network/spectrum/vector analyzers, power meters, etc.
- Experience with computer aided design tools.
- Experience working in a requirements based environment
- Experience mentoring junior engineers.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Experience in avionics electronics development. These designs will be for avionics products and therefore need to pass testing in support of FAA and FCC certification. Previous design for government certification is a plus.
- Experience with DO-160 Qualification Testing.
- Experience with avionics design certification standards; DO-254, DO-178.
- Experience with Altium and Cadstar schematic capture and PC Layout.
- Experience transitioning new products into the factory.
- General Avionics or helicopter pilot experience.
For more information regarding the Prescott facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers