Cobham is seeking an Software Architect. The Software Architect designs and implements real-time embedded software for Cobham Avionics’ products, including software defined radios, navigation & communication radios, airborne servers, audio products and other similar products. This position is located in Prescott, AZ.
- Definition of software requirements, software architecture, software design, coding, debugging, test and verification, documentation and certification.
- May include guiding decisions on the platforms and coding standards to be used in project development.
- Evaluating existing software solutions to identify areas for improvement.
- Overseeing architectural approaches from conception to product delivery.
- Reports to the Software Design Engineering Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other STEM disciplines.
- 10 years of experience in Software architecture and development with at least 5 years within a DO-178 avionics environment.
- Experience with C/C++/C#.
- Experience with DO-178B/C.
- Experience capturing requirements and designs in Requirements Management tools such as DOORS.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- 10+ years of experience in avionics electronics development.
- Experienced using bench equipment; oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers, In-Circuit Emulators, J-TAG debuggers.
- Experience with Software Defined Radio and Audio product development.
- Experience transitioning new products into the factory.
- MS Windows Application developments experience in C#/WPF.
- Experience with application development within mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, Android, etc.).
- Experience with Linux.
For more information regarding the Prescott facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers