Working from within a team of tight-knit and multi-disciplinary
aerospace engineers, your mission is to design and develop repairs and
modifications for our fleet of civil aircraft.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
This role will see you working on both large and small design projects
on our B717, Dash 8 and Challenger 604 aircraft. Specifically, you will be:
- Designing modifications and repairs for Cobham’s aircraft fleet
- Performing analysis and assessments to show compliance with relevant
aircraft and/or legislative design standards
- Carrying out technical editing and second checking of modifications and
- Liaising with manufacturers (Boeing, BAe Systems, Bombardier) as
- Support your team-mates by conducting “second checking” of modifications
Ideally, we’re looking for someone who possesses:
- Tertiary qualifications in Aerospace, Aeronautical or Mechanical
- Experience with repair design through paid employment, university
immersion programs or volunteer exposure
- Tenacity and the ability to provide practical and sound solutions to
- The ability to confidently communicate engineering solutions to a wide
audience, using multiple communication mediums.
Employee safety and well-being are important at Cobham. Therefore,
a pre-employment medical, along with ad-hoc and routine medical assessments
will be conducted during your career with us.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in Australia.
Cobham Aviation Services (CAvS) is Australia’s largest provider of
contract aviation services, employing 1,300 people nationally. It forms part of
Cobham Plc’s global operations across the US, Europe, Asia Pacific and Africa.
Cobham Plc is a leading global technology and services innovator, known
and respected for delivering solutions to the most challenging problems from
deep space to the depths of the ocean through advanced electronic solutions,
outsourced aviation services, communications and connectivity and mission