Cobham is seeking a Principal
Manufacturing Engineer. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Leads a team of manufacturing engineers to support the
production and development high stakes aerospace products.
- Supports Manufacturing Production by designing,
planning, organizing technical manufacturing process in the plant.
- Act as a liaison between Engineering and Operations
through Production Readiness Reviews, Product Development design reviews,
Integrated Product Teams and Cost Estimates.
- Use a structured, critical, analytical engineering
approach to solve chronic, complex process and product problems.
- Drives cost effective manufacturing through the use of
- Determine parts and tools needed to achieve production
requirements and specifications.
- Develop and/or improve current processes, process
documentation, and blueprint revisions and/or corrections utilizing the
defined change control / engineering change request process.
- Work with Design Engineering and outside vendors to
identify, evaluate, and incorporate new processes/technology into new and
- Identify, justify, purchase and incorporate new capital
- Manages Manufacturing Bills of Materials (MBOMs) and
routing for new and existing products.
- Address and resolve issues arising from risks analysis,
environmental conditions, and ergonomic evaluations.
- Conducts risks analysis, evaluates environmental
conditions, and ergonomic evaluations for new, updated, or adjusted
- Ensures all processes and actions uphold the high
standards of safety, quality, and cost of the product(s).
- Ensure the manufacturability of new products and
project startup and production costs.
- Provide support to planning, quality, engineering,
purchasing, business development, and aftermarket sales departments for
production of current products and implementation of new products.
- Maximize efficiency by analyzing the layout of
equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and workforce utilization.
- Participates in concurrent engineering efforts and
critical design reviews to minimize product development costs and maximize
useful life of products.
- Evaluate vendor capabilities from a manufacturing
engineering process perspective.
- Evaluate the cost breakdown of units.
- Provides cost estimates.
- BS in Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical, Aerospace
Engineering or a Science field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in manufacturing
- Minimum of 2 years of experience leading manufacturing
engineering teams or projects.
- This position requires access to technology, materials,
software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order
to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Experience with following tools: Design for
Manufacturability (DFM) practices, Statistical Process Control (SPC),
Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), Process Failure Mode
Analysis (PFMEA), Process Mapping, Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA)
Process, Design of Experiments, ANOVA, Gage R & R.
- Manufacturing Experience in a Union Environment.
- Experience with KPI (Key Performance Indicator) goals.
- Experience with Manufacturing Processes (Electrical,
Chemical, and Mechanical Assembly, Fabrication, Welding, Paint, Solder,
- Experience with Change Control Board, and Engineering
- Experience with AS9100, ISO9100, SAE, SME, ANSI,
MIL-STD, Nadcap, BAC, IPC J-STD and other standards as related to
International, Federal, State, Local, and Customer requirements.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Programs (ERP),
Material Requirements Planning (MRP), Capacity Resource Planning (CRP)
such as SAP, Oracle.
- Experience with CAD software (PRO E, Creo, CATIA), CNC
programming, PLC programming.
For more information regarding the
Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from
our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a
global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future.
Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems
in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to
deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees
to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads
to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing
plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee
population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to
all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from
discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who
inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of
other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please