Cobham is seeking a Safety, Health and Environmental Engineer who will work with the SHE Manager to ensure a safe working environment and compliance with our safety and environmental regulations. This position is located in Orchard Park, NY.
- Collects data from various sources and prepares reports for internal and external customers.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct training.
- Performs audits to assure safety and environmental compliance.
- Participate in regulatory inspections.
- Performs all operations according to prescribed safety and environmental principles.
- Must have a valid driver's license and ability to travel on occasion.
- Ability to lift up 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
- Files and maintains Workers Compensation report.
- Administer employee testing (including drug and alcohol, hearing, vision, and respiratory).
- Point of employee contact for Fit for Duty and maintains required documentation.
- Conduct ergonomic training and assessments.
- Administer SHE training and maintain records.
- Completed Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of three years of Safety, Health, and Environmental work experience.
- Minimum of three years of experience with OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Minimum of three years of experience with safety and industrial hygiene testing equipment.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Safety or Industrial Hygiene in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of three years of experience with DoT regulations.
- Experience with MS Office applications.
- Experience leading the work of subcontractor staff.
- Ability to listen effectively and express ideas clearly to exchange information in a team environment.
- Good organizational skills to independently prioritize daily activities to meet department objectives.
- Effective verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to make independent judgments on technical issues.
- Understanding of manufacturing operations and processes.
- Experience conducting group training.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham