Cobham Aerospace Connectivity are looking for a Senior Software Engineer
This role is based in Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity design and manufacture active and passive avionics antennas and electronic control systems for military and civil communications, navigation and search and rescue applications. We pioneered frequency agile VHF tuneable antennas and continue to be a key supplier to major avionics companies. Our GPS anti-jam technology utilises state of the art DSP algorithms with an active antenna to eliminate both narrow-band and wide-band jamming signals. We have world leading technology in Ground Penetrating Radar and RF interference mitigation. Both military and civil users rely on our direction finding systems for search and rescue operations.
As a Senior Software Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- C++ experience in an embedded environment
- Object Oriented Design and Programming experience
- Familiarity with desktop application, GUI/event-based design
As a Senior Software Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- The purpose of the role is the design, coding, debugging, testing and maintenance of software for embedded applications encompassing both low-level microprocessor code as well as higher level software designs running within an embedded operating system environment.
- This will be undertaken alongside other technical activities while working with hardware and software engineers to deliver specific project goals derived from future product requirements.
- Responsibilities will include the development and implementation of application logic, peripheral drivers, protocols, human-machine interfaces and documentation of the same.
- A key element of the role will be the delivery of software within agreed timescales and to budget.
- The right candidate will be capable of designing and delivering robust code. Demonstration of competence in using C is essential as is embedded programming experience of both low level and high level code.
About Cobham Aerospace Connectivity
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity develop and manufacture high specification sector and multi-sector, directional, omni-directional, ultra-wideband (UWB) and MIMO antennas.
A wide range of products are available for customers, small and large, worldwide in Commercial, Military, Satellite and Security markets.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page