Cobham is seeking a Senior Engineering Manager, Electrical of Electrical Engineering who will provide leadership in all aspects of electrical and electronics development for Cobham Mission Systems products. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Provide leadership in all aspects of electrical and electronics development, including solving problems through utilization of comprehensive root-cause analysis techniques.
- Oversee staffing, training, supervision and workload distribution of engineers and or technicians.
- Maintain department budget that is aligned with strategic business goals.
- Ensure technology sharing across multiple development teams.
- Provide resource and cost analysis and estimates for proposal efforts.
- Prepare design reviews and present to internal and external customers.
- Assist Marketing in technical discussions with customers.
- Ensure proper analysis techniques are used in development of new and revised designs.
- Recommend and lead implementation of new hardware and firmware design platforms, architecture, and tools to achieve strategic company goals.
- Work with Program Managers to create and maintain project schedules.
- Identify new technologies to enhance products and reduce costs.
- Ensure timely design review meetings are conducted.
- Interpret and enforce policy, conduct performance evaluations, and manage employee relations while meeting engineering schedules, customer needs and quality standards in a timely fashion.
- Monitor performance and work with other members of the Engineering Department to create electrical design solutions that meet schedule and technical requirements.
- Actively promote and enforce adherence to S|H|E rules and procedures.
- Identify and effect change to reduce risks of harm and minimize waste and resources used.
- Communicate to employees, visitors and customers that health and safety and a concern for the environment are values for Cobham.
- Promote and facilitate incident and near miss reporting.
- Master of Science or PhD in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum or equivalent.
- Knowledge of project management software such as Microsoft Project.
- Intimate knowledge of processor internal subsystems (core, MMU, cache, memory areas, interfaces and initialization).
- Experience in bus architecture.
- Knowledge of C, C++.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience in FPGA design.
- Expertise in application of DO-254 and DO-178.
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.