Do you want to develop hardware for the avionics industry?
Then join Cobham Aerospace Communication in Kgs. Lyngby and take part in developing products that give continual positional awareness for flight tracking, flight data streaming (also known as ‘Black Box in the Cloud’), and electronic flight bag applications for pilots, such as graphical weather for improved situational awareness.
We are a leading manufacturer of satellite communication systems and are a key supplier to major avionics companies, among others Airbus and Boeing.
Examples of recent innovative products are the AVIATOR S series, which will mark a paradigm shift in aviation safety and efficiency. These capabilities will transform the quality and security of cockpit communication and information shared between pilots, air traffic controllers, airlines and improve operational efficiency.
At Cobham Aerospace Communication in Kgs. Lyngby, we develop the hardware and software for all our products ourselves.
This role is based in Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark.
As a Hardware Engineer we expect you to have knowledge from some of the following areas:
Engineering Degree within relevant discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Danish language is highly desirable but not essential.
CPU, DSP and FPGA architecture and CPU interfaces, etc.
Memory architecture. DDR3, DDR4, eMMC, SDRAM, etc.
Ethernet (1/10GB or more) and USB Interfaces.
Power management and Power Supply.
Digital design, simulation and measurements.
Environmental test and problem solving (Temperature, EMC, ESD, HALT, etc.).
High speed ADC/DAC and serial data.
As a Hardware Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Responsible for design of electronic circuits within the engineering discipline.
- Documentation applicable for requirements break-down, development, integration, test, manufacturing and production start-up.
- Taking ownership and securing quality for assigned responsibilities and deliverables.
- Contribute to prioritization and planning of own tasks in order to meet deliveries.
- Support NPI and production during production start-up for new products.
- Participate in formal design reviews, informal peer reviews, knowledge sharing activities and feedback.
We can offer:
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team.
- You will be part of a hardware team of RF Engineers, Digital Hardware Engineers, FPGA Engineers.
- We have a great collegial environment.
- We have many social clubs, such as running, biking, our own fitness room, wine club, and music band.
Please be advised that successful candidates must be willing to present a criminal record and go through the mandatory security clearance prior to commencing employment with Cobham Aerospace Communications.
About Cobham Aerospace Communications
Our avionics, connectivity, slip rings and microwave systems for air and space platforms are at the leading edge of technological development. In the fields of defence, security and commercial aerospace, the innovative, high performance solutions we provide enable our customers’ assets to perform to their maximum potential.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from d