Cobham is seeking an Electrical Engineering Manager. This position is located in Orchard Park, NY.
- Provide leadership in all aspects of electrical and electronics development, including solving problems through utilization of comprehensive root-cause analysis techniques.
- Oversee staffing, training, supervision and workload distribution of engineers and or technicians.
- Maintain department budget that is aligned with strategic business goals.
- Ensure technology sharing across multiple development teams.
- Provide resource and cost analysis and estimates for proposal efforts.
- Prepare design reviews and present to internal and external customers.
- Assist Business Development in technical discussions with customers.
- Ensure proper analysis techniques are used in development of new and revised designs.
- Recommend and lead implementation of new hardware and firmware design platforms, architecture, and tools to achieve strategic company goals.
- Work with Program Managers to create and maintain project schedules.
- Identify new technologies to enhance products and reduce costs.
- Ensure timely design review meetings are conducted.
- Interpret and enforce policy, conduct performance evaluations, and manage employee relations while meeting engineering schedules, customer needs and quality standards in a timely fashion.
- Monitor performance and work with other members of the Engineering Department to create electrical design solutions that meet schedule and technical requirements.
- Significant Professional Experience in a number of the following areas:
- Analog design
- Digital electronics design
- Embedded microprocessor/DSP design and peripheral interfacing
- Structured microprocessor software/firmware design
- Design for EMC/EMI/ESD for military applications
- Schematic capture
- PCB layout
- SPICE simulation
- Actively promote and enforce adherence to S|H|E rules and procedures.
- Promote and facilitate incident and near miss reporting.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum.
- 10+ years of electrical design experience.
- 3+ years of management experience.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Master of Science from an ABET accredited curriculum.
- Electro-mechanical equipment experience
- Military / Aerospace industry experience
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham