Cobham Mission Systems are looking for an Aerospace Program Manager to be responsible for a number of through life projects and the design, development and execution of an in-service support solution for a key air to air refueling customer. You will have two direct Project Manager reports as well as team of indirect reports from all business functions. You will report into a Senior Program Manager within Air to Air Refueling. You will deliver the agreed scope within planned quality, time and cost parameters to satisfy the specified requirements and drive for customer and stakeholder satisfaction, motivating the whole team to deliver the business case and margins expected.
Cobham Mission Systems are based in Wimborne, Dorset and is a modern facility, which offers an open plan working environment. Cobham employees can expect to benefit from;
· Free onsite parking
· Subsidised restaurant (including a Costa coffee)
· On-line system offering a wide range of competitive flexible benefits including
a matched pension contribution of up to 12%, private medical and dental insurance, holiday buy and sell options, subsidised local gym memberships and many others
· Share incentive schemes
· Flexible working hours
· Discounted Cobham Sports and Social Club membership
· A wide range of internal and external training opportunities
Please have a look at the Cobham video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8coqalSaYos
As an Aerospace Program Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• Extensive Aerospace and/or Defence project management experience (approx. program values £20 million), managing complex electro-mechanical products through lifecycle.
• Experience of developing an in service support solution and/or experience of solution design as well as delivery through lifecycle.
• Experience of working in a complex matric environment managing direct and indirect reports.
• Strong knowledge of the functional disciplines and supply chain that require management.
• Demonstrable customer facing experience and strong inter personal skills.
As an Aerospace Program Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
• Deliver program to agreed time, cost, quality and benefits parameters.
• Direct motivate and provide leadership for the project managers and broader program team.
• Organise, coordinate and direct the program activities.
• Ensure effective and open communication throughout the program team and with stakeholders.
• Lead the project managers planning efforts and resolve resource conflicts across projects
• Manage relationships with key customer personnel
• Direct the supply chain for the whole program
• Integrate the reporting for the program across all of the projects making best use of available PMO capabilities
• Integrate the outputs from the projects turning the capabilities into the required outcomes for the stakeholders
• Set up and operate the governance for the program.
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page