Cobham is seeking a Proposal Analyst I who will develop, analyze, evaluate, coordinate, prepare and oversee multi-million dollar cost proposals to government and commercial customers. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Assure adherence to Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA) and Cobham policies and procedures with regard to cost proposal preparation, review, submission and negotiations.
- Review and interpret the RFP (Request for Proposal) for all pricing requirements and work with the proposal team to set up the approach and schedule required for bidding the proposal.
- Coordinate cost proposal efforts by interfacing with applicable departmental personnel including Finance, Contracts, Business Development, Supply Chain, Engineering, and Senior Management personnel, as well as customers and auditors.
- Estimate labor and material costs for manufacturing and engineering based on requests for proposals from internal and external customers.
- Research historical data in detail and develop fully traceable summaries.
- Develop spreadsheet models and create fully compliant and accurate proposals.
- Support changes or modifications with the customer, and participate as a member of the contract negotiation team.
- Incorporate and perform the final certification process as required on all certifiable proposals to the government.
- Analyze and respond to customer fact-findings and external audits.
- Performs all operations according to prescribed.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Finance, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, or Supply Chain Management.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- 1 + years’ experience analyzing, developing, and applying direct cost and performance data to develop estimates in support of new or follow-on business.
- Prior experience with organizing large amounts of data
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.