Cobham Mission Systems are looking for an Export Control Manager to ensure that the business unit operates in compliance with export laws and regulations and with Cobham’s Export Policy. Particular emphasis is on compliance to UK export regulations and US ITAR requirements.
This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset. The position reports to VP Contracts and Commercial and has one direct report (Export Control Administrator)
As an Export Control Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
· Substantive experience in complex UK and US export issues.
· Aerospace and/or Defence business experience is essential (particularly related to US ITAR compliance).
· Experience in training, counseling and leading functional project team members and business leaders on export compliance matters.
· Customer-focused team player and consensus builder with strong communication, training and organizational skills.
· Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously to meet established deadlines.
As an Export Control Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
· Leads the Business Unit to ensure compliance with all applicable export control laws and regulations.
· Provides subject matter expertise to the Business Unit in relation to both UK Export Laws and US Export regulations - in particular correct handling of ITAR parts.
· Leads in regular training across the Business Unit to ensure ongoing best practise and compliance to UK and US export laws and regulations.
· Prepares and processes export licenses.
· Reviews and responds to Technical Assistance Agreements with US customers.
· Leads the Business Unit through internal and external audits concerned with Trade Compliance.
· Undertakes and leads their own internal audits to ensure continued learning and best practice.
· Communicates requirements of licenses and agreements and provides compliance guidance to all functional organizations.
· Ensures identification, communication and understanding of key regulation changes.
· Maintains master database for tracking of licenses, agreements, and compliance status.
· Acts as Business Unit’s primary interface to Corporate Compliance and Legal Team and supports Voluntary Disclosures as needed with accurate and timely information.
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page