Cobham is seeking a Buyer I. The selected candidate will procure materials using an MRP tool as well as requisitions from Oracle, understand what parts need to be purchased to support production for a given set of end products (and specific set of suppliers), work to receive parts on time, at the most competitive cost possible, and meeting all specifications. They will also expedite parts when needed, work with quality, engineering, and facilities management personnel to replace defective parts ASAP and re-source parts as needed. There may also be special projects assigned to continuously improve site performance. This position is for future opportunities and located in Davenport, IA.
- Review and issue purchase-orders and make necessary changes to include: obtaining quotes, negotiating costs, payment terms, and related issues.
- Collaborate with on-site VMI (vendor-managed inventory) suppliers to ensure timely delivery of parts to production lines and continuously improve part delivery methods.
- Procure a variety of goods and services in accordance with company policies in an MRP/ERP environment.
- Expedite and track required parts or processes to support production schedules.
- Perform duties in accordance with FAR, DFAR, and other government regulations in accordance with Cobham policies and procedures.
- Serve as a liaison between internal Cobham customers and suppliers.
- Execute engineering changes within the plant and with external suppliers.
- Assist in resolving supplier related quality issues.
- Perform all duties according to prescribed safety, health, and environmental principles.
- Associates Degree.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2+ years negotiating experience.
- 2+ years purchasing experiencing in a manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years experience in the Aerospace Industry.
- Professional certifications (i.e. APICS, ISM, etc.).
- 2+ years experience in purchasing with US Government Contracts.
- 2+ years working knowledge of ERP or MRP Systems.
- 2+ years experience reading blueprints.
- 2+ years experience using Microsoft Office Suite
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham