Cobham is seeking a Senior Manager of Supply Chain Planning who will develop and implement robust material planning strategies to support the business unit goals and to support Cobham's corporate Supply Chain initiatives. This role is located in Davenport, Iowa.
- Lead master scheduling, make and buy planning, and production control processes and personnel.
- Determine departmental inventory management strategies and objectives. Calculate inventory carrying costs and manufacturing and purchasing costs.
- Develop strategic plans to drive improvement to inventory turns, conducting RCPS and associated projects to drive inventory improvement.
- Setting inventory policy and implementing inventory management tools such as kanban demand signals to provide a ‘lean’ supply chain, minimize stockholdings and maximize available working capital.
- Understand supply chain dynamics and set inventory with optimal cost and delivery tradeoffs.
- Establish stocking policies and planning parameters for all parts.
- Ensure FAR and MMAS compliance as required.
- Establish and lead daily/weekly/monthly materials reviews/standup meetings driving continuous improvement of KPIs and role modeling root cause problem solving.
- Lead monthly SIOP review meetings.
- Consult on and support the development of the LCM plan, sales plan and the factory plan, while responsible for ensuring that materials are available as necessary and that an execution production plan exists.
- Establish measurement processes for critical materials process inputs and outputs for the development and execution of the supply plan; ie, forecast accuracy, Operations on time delivery to schedule.
- Maintain high inventory accuracy through various techniques including inventory audits, annual physical inventory, and cycle counting.
- Manage the flow and control of make and buy inventory in the facility.
- Effectively manage surplus and obsolete inventories.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or related field.
- 15 + years of experience working in planning, scheduling, and inventory control within a technology company.
- 10 + years of experience managing and supporting large teams.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- APICS certification desired (CPIM, CSCP).
- Experience developing and transforming production planning and control organizations.
- Experience developing and leading materials organizations in a low volume high mix environment.
- Experience leading large functional teams.
- Advanced understand of standard enterprise resource planning (ERP) and MPS.
- Project management experience.
- Prior material control leadership experience in a matrix organizations.
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers