Cobham is seeking a Product Manager. The Product Manager plays an integral role in our Marketing, Sales, and R&D efforts through product life cycle management. This position is located in Concord, CA.
- Conducting market research and producing customer/market requirement for next generation products
- Generates and manages: new product concepts, new product concept validation, new product concept white papers, partner briefs, technical updates
- Coordinates Marketing plans, launch plans, competitive analysis, launch of software applications for total cost of product ownership, launch of multi-vendor solutions for total cost of product ownership
- Train sales force and prepare demonstration kits
- Inbound responsibilities included the ownership of all aspects of the product roadmap including competitive intelligence and positioning, requirements gathering and feature definition
- Outbound responsibilities included the development of all channel / sales support materials including service agreements, pricing, reseller programs, product documentation, and collateral
- Support Sales Force and customers to ensure proper products or replacement parts are ordered
- Define upgrade kits for existing systems
- Answer customer/sales technical questions about performance, certifications, regulatory issues
- Define New SKUs when needed and write configuration sheets to support new system development through the NMR process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Business or similar, OR 10 years of hands on experience in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of five years of product knowledge and market management to include: Controlled Product Launch, Competitive/SWOT Analysis, Market Focus/Concept Studies, Collateral Personas, Customizations, Pricing, Promotions, Brand Management, Packaging, and FAQ’s
- Ability to travel internationally approximately 30% of the time
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Experience with RF Theory
- Product management or project management experience is preferred
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with internal teams and external parties preferred
- Previous product Line/Life Cycle Management (concept to cradle to grave) experience preferred
- Successful new product launch experience into global marketplace a plus
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers