Do you want to help develop next generation secure satellite communication for commercial aircrafts and to work with the worlds big aircraft manufactures? Then come and join our Aviator S software team in Kgs. Lyngby, Copenhagen.
Cobham Aerospace Communications is looking for an experienced Software Manager to support the Head of Aero Software and the software management team in the implementation of engineering strategy within Aero Software to create functional excellence in software development for best-in-class aeronautical satellite communication.
As an Aero Software Manager, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree in in Computer Science, IT, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Background as Software Developer preferable with experience from embedded product development
- Experience in regulated market industries e.g. Aerospace & Defense, Medical, Automotive or Railway
- Familiarity with software engineering processes and practices and the ability to drive their continuous improvement.
- The ability to work within a large organization in a matrix management structure
- Understanding of organizing software development with best practice from agile methods combined with a firm focus on deliveries and quality
- Experience in planning and resource management in a set-up with multiple customer projects as well as product platform maintenance and development
- People management. You are capable of creating enthusiasm in your team and develop your employees
- Danish speaker would be highly desirable but not essential.
- Desirable: experience with aeronautical standards e.g. RTCA DO-178C
As an Aero Software Manager, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Line and people management of a part of the Aero Software engineering team including recruiting, performance management, career development and determination of competence priorities
- Developing long-term strategy for Aero Software and translate that into an achievable roadmap
- Ensuring consistent methodologies and tools are used throughout Aero Software in line with industry and customer requirements, quality measures, the process frameworks and the Engineering strategy
- Participation in planning and resource management
- Support to Software Project Managers in order to enable deliveries as to commitment
Please be advised that successful candidates must be willing to present a criminal record and go through the mandatory security clearance prior to commencing employment with Cobham Aerospace Communications.
About Cobham Aerospace Communications
Our avionics, connectivity, slip rings and microwave systems for air and space platforms are at the leading edge of technological development. In the fields of defence, security and commercial aerospace, the innovative, high performance solutions we provide enable our customers’ assets to perform to their maximum potential.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.