Cobham Search and Rescue (SAR) Services, working under a long-term contract with the Australian Maritime Safety Authority is looking for First Officers who are passionate about making a difference. Our pilots fly in a unique and challenging environment, with a key humanitarian focus aimed at assisting people in potentially traumatic and life-threatening situations.
As a First Officer with the SAR team you will provide essential support to your entire crew working diligently, quickly and professionally to ensure each mission is a success. You will operate a highly modified CL604 aircraft and will be part of a highly skilled team. You will be based in Perth, Essendon or Cairns.
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident with passport from a country without travel restrictions
- CASA Class 1 Aviation Medical
- Hold an Australian Commercial Pilot Licence and ATPL (A) theory pass in Human Factors (AHUF)
- Hold a multi-engine Command Instrument Rating
- Be eligible for an Aviation Security Identity Card (ASIC)
- Minimum 1000 hours total flying experience
- 250 hours pilot in command
- 200 hours multi-engine command
- 70 hours pilot in command at night
- Type rated on multi-crew aircraft
- Multi-crew experience
- You must commit to being within 30 minutes of your assigned airport when on night standby
- Type rating training will attract a Bond
Cobham Aviation Services (CAvS) is Australia’s largest provider of contract aviation services, employing 1,300 people nationally. It forms part of Cobham Plc’s global operations across the US, Europe, Asia Pacific and Africa.
Cobham Plc is a leading global technology and services innovator, known and respected for delivering solutions to the most challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean through advanced electronic solutions, outsourced aviation services, communications and connectivity and mission systems.
In addition to aerial surveillance services, Cobham Special Mission provides rescue services under contract to the Australian Maritime Safety Authority.