Cobham is seeking a Sr. Principal Systems Engineer- IPT Leader to lead an Integrated Product Team executing complex product development projects in Aerial Refueling, On Board Oxygen Generation Systems, or On Board Inert Gas Generation Systems for Cobham Mission Systems. This position is located in Davenport, Iowa.
- Lead an Integrated Product Development Team of 10-30 people in the inception, design & execution of complex projects over the full product life cycle of product development for Cobham Mission Systems
- Guide the successful completion of major programs and projects
- Leads functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), validation and interface definition studies for mechanical systems, electrical systems, and software
- Participates in proposal development: parses statement of work and requirements into standard work breakdown structures and generates estimates
- Generates meaningful metrics to ascertain status, stability, maturity and level of compliance of a project
- Leads teams in the decomposition, allocation and derivation of requirements and establishes traceability
- Understand and applies project leadership principles including SPI/CPI and Earned Value
- Leads the development of requirements verification matrices and assists in developing verification, validation and qualification plans
- Identifies and implements improvements to engineering and/or company tools, processes and practices
- ABET accredited BS Degree in an Engineering field
- Minimum of 15 years of engineering experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supervising people
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Project Management
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Requirements Management
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible, you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Strongly preferred experience with Aerospace industry standards and best practices
- Effective Communication with leadership, peers, subordinates and customers
- Experience with Requirements Management and Systems Design
- PMI Certification or other project management certification
- Knowledgeable about Mechanical, Electrical and Systems Engineering
- Familiarity with aircraft hydraulics, fuels, structures, wiring, and EMI for aircraft oxygen or fuel tank inerting systems
- Familiar with project leadership principles of SPI/CPI, Earned Value, Cost Account Management (CAM), and Statistical Process Controls
- Strong knowledge of multi-disciplinary requirements including, but not limited to, mechanical, electro-mechanical, software, safety and reliability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace or Materials Engineering
- ABET accredited MS Degree in an Engineering field
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham