Cobham Mission Systems are looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to be responsible for Supplier Quality performance, driving root cause analysis and the on-going development of increased supplier capability. In addition, you will be establishing and developing a supplier approval system, conducting audits and ensuring adherence to Quality Management System requirements. Finally, you will establish quality standards for suppliers who are providing materials per specifications. This position is based in Wimborne, Dorset and will require 25% travel to suppliers mainly UK based.
As a Supplier Quality Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
· Previous experience as a Supplier Quality Engineer within a technology company (ideally mechanical/aerospace) – Preferred
· Experience working in a supply chain organization - Preferred
· Proven experience of driving root cause corrective / preventive action with Suppliers
· Proven background in Quality Assurance and thorough understanding of quality tools and techniques including auditing
· Good technical mechanical and / or electronics engineering knowledge and the ability to read engineering drawings
· Understanding of key quality standards such as AS/EN 9100 and NADCAP
· Good technical engineering knowledge and ability to read engineering drawings
· Supplier relationship management
As a Supplier Quality Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
· Work in partnership with the IPT to support the delivery of conforming products to support the business requirements
· Drive supplier non-conformance management and Root Cause Analysis
· Develop suppliers to more effectively support Cobham in terms of cost, quality and timeliness; implementation and monitoring improvement plans as necessary
· Drive supplier quality management in line with company control procedures, and relevant regulatory standards e.g. AS/EN 9100
· Ensure quality assurance for new and existing suppliers through audits, source inspections, First Article Inspection sign-off and change control process management
· Effective flow down of quality requirements to suppliers throughout the product lifecycle
· Development of supplier capability via strategic and tactical improvement activities
· Conduct supplier site visits to observe and report on quality systems and material manufacture processes in support of ongoing supplier monitoring, this will include travel within the UK and occasional travel in Europe
· Analyze, track and report discrepancies and corrective actions taken when vendor products are rejected/returned on receipt or failure post acceptance
· Prepare documentation for inspection / test procedures
· Participate in First Article Inspections at Suppliers
· Participate in Continuous Improvement Projects
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page