Cobham is seeking a Systems Engineer for a complex product development projects in Aerial Refueling, On Board Oxygen Generation Systems, or On Board Inert Gas Generation Systems for Cobham Mission Systems. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Supports Integrated Product Teams in the inception, design & execution of complex engineering projects over the full life cycle of product development.
- Analyzes and documents multi-disciplinary requirements including, but not limited to, mechanical, electro-mechanical, software, safety and reliability.
- Maintains requirements artifacts in requirements database, IBM Rational DOORS.
- Identifies, assesses and documents requirements for changes and provides communications of those changes.
- Coordinates requirements databases with customers and suppliers to ensure synchronization.
- Generates meaningful metrics to ascertain status, stability, maturity and level of compliance of project requirements.
- Performs and/or leads teams in the decomposition, allocation and derivation of requirements and establishes traceability.
- Conducts requirements quality audits and assessments.
- Develops Requirements Verification Matrices and assists in developing verification, validation and qualification plans.
- Assists in preparation and execution of System Requirements Review, Preliminary Design Reviews, Critical Design Reviews and Test Readiness Reviews.
- Manages requirements baselines, performs change impact analysis, tracks customer and internal requirements changes, and implements changes in the database and appropriate specifications.
- Identifies and implements improvements to engineering and/or company tools, processes and practices.
- Participates in proposal development: parses statement of work and requirements into standard work breakdown structures and generates estimates for project requirements management function.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions.
- 3.0 GPA or 2+ years of experience in the aerospace industry.
- Desired capability to generate DXL scripts as needed and perform database administration.
- Experience leading / facilitating cross functional meetings.
- Well organized and attention to detail: Manage, track, and schedule events. Provide follow-up and determine next steps for stakeholders.
- Must have strong communication and listening.
- Articulate and comfortable engaging with a diverse set of stakeholders (in person events and senior level) and tailoring a good message.
- Strong demonstrated skills with MS Office skills, particularly MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Excel.
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham