Beyond Line-Of-Sight Communication
EXPLORER Mobile Gateway is an IP-based radio and data communications device that supports satellite/3G/LTE/LAN backhaul and Land Mobile Radio (LMR) integration to provide seamless switching between available networks in any situation. It is a cost effective system designed to expand and augment traditional LMR systems widely used in the Public Safety, Utility, Mining, and Oil & Gas sectors.
The network agnostic multi-bearer solution extends legacy Push–To-Talk capabilities to hybrid data networks such as terrestrial cellular networks (where available), supplemented by satellite where no terrestrial network coverage is present. With no user intervention required, the system automatically routes voice and data traffic via the most reliable network available.
EXPLORER Mobile Gateway solves many challenges faced by traditional LMR system operators:
- Coverage area can be extended by using satellite and existing cellular based networks
- Lowers expensive terrestrial infrastructure costs
- High availability to support critical communications
- Scalable from two to thousands of units
- Seamless switching between available satellite, cellular, and LAN connectivity ensures constant communications
- Compatability with many different brands of land mobile radios
- Voice compression technologies are used to allow for the most efficient use of bandwidth across multiple transport mediums
- 256 bit AES-CTR encryption
The look and feel of the included Control Speaker Microphone is exactly like a simple legacy Push-To-Talk handset. Vehicle installation of the system requires an on-the-move satellite terminal and the EXPLORER Mobile Gateway. Up to two cellular modems can be connected to the EXPLORER Mobile Gateway, allowing for independent network connections. The all important automatic routing functionality enables seamless switching between the available networks.
Cobham PRISM Service
The EXPLORER Mobile Gateway is managed and configured in the Cobham-managed PRISM Portal. The web-based portal ensures simple and easy configuration of any EXPLORER Mobile Gateway, no matter its location and with over-the-air updates to vehicles.