Eaton Mission Systems, formally Cobham Mission Systems is seeking a Human Resources Administrator to provide assistance to the Human Resources team at our growing Davenport, Iowa facility. The incumbent will partner with leadership to administrative tasks relative to the functional areas of Human Resources such as recruitment and staffing, personnel records, COVID related quarantine & absence management, Supporting activities related to employee or labor relations, compensation, benefits, and training. Responsible for performing a variety of administrative functions for a team of Human Resource Business Partners. Provide assistant to VP Human Resources for scheduling or other priorities. Accountable for handling travel arrangements, create expense reports, and disseminate information. Given the nature of the role and department, handling information of a confidential and time sensitive nature will be necessary.
- Maintain confidential HR files and databases
- Perform file audits to ensure all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
- Handles administrative tasks which may include, but may not be limited to: scheduling and coordinating meetings and interviews, taking phone messages, making travel arrangements, maintaining data bases, etc.
- Coordinate COVID related quarantine request and absence management and vaccine verification and other related activities
- Process requests for payment for HR related invoices
- Back up HR AA or HR Generalist as and when required
- Process pre-hiring activities like background checks, arranging drug screen, physical and coordination of relocation with Lexicon
- Process new hires, employment changes /job changes, shift changes, termination, new hire, informational in Workday, ADP, External database, Oracle, Fidelity and other HRIS system
- Coordinate end-to end hiring of contractors and temp workforce through various contract agencies, - posting requisitions on internal Taleo edition, processing resumes, arranging interviews and completing hiring and onboarding activities for contract/temp candidates
- Help the day one onboarding if there is a large number of new hires
- Update benefit details, beneficiary details, Health Insurance Payments and other benefit related support and coordination activities
- Coordinate new hire meetings with Ambassadors/Buddy and ensure program effectiveness
- Generate monthly workday reports for new hires, terminations, job changes, contract and temp list
- Participate in employee engagement committee meetings and suggest or coordinate events with help of committee members
- Answer routine employee questions, queries and handle walk-in employees with forms and documents or assistance
- Respond to Unemployment Claims by sending response letter or coordinate hearings
- Assist HR Department in completion of special projects as assigned
- Performs all operations according to prescribed safety and environmental principles
- Provide administrative support to the site HR team
- This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
- Associates Degree in Human Resources, Business, or other related degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Administration, Office Management role or Administrative Assistant in Human Resources
- Intermediate skillset in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint Outlook and Visio)
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. occasionally
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Labor relations or related fields
- HR Certifications, PHR
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Flexible to take new responsibilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Workday or other HRIS systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
As a contractor with the Federal government, Eaton is subject to the Executive Order mandating COVID-19 vaccination. As permitted by applicable law, the candidate(s) hired under this posting must provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines, or request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation exempting them from the requirement. Vaccination status will not be verified until after an offer of employment is provided, and candidates may also request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation at that time.
Cobham Mission Systems' values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham Mission Systems is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham Mission Systems to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham Mission Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham Mission Systems to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham Mission Systems will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
As an equal opportunity employer, Cobham Mission Systems, is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Cobham Mission Systems’ career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by contacting CRT.NA@cobham.com
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobhammissionsystems.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobhammissionsystems