Eaton Mission Systems, formally Cobham Mission Systems is seeking a Mechanical Engineer II that will work with a dynamic team at our growing Davenport, Iowa facility. The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic multifunctional team in a fast based, aerospace and defense manufacturing environment. The position will include a mix of assistance to manufacturing and new product development activities, and will involve interfacing with Design and Manufacturing engineering for Cobham’s Mechanical IPT supporting the Releases and Restraints, Cryogenic Coolers and Controllers product lines.
- Collaborate with an Integrated Product Team for new product development and ongoing product support.
- Investigate product complaints and non-conformance, perform root cause analysis of failures, and propose remediation in a timely fashion
- Work closely with suppliers on component and product improvement and development.
- Identify potential improvements to existing products, then design, prove-out, and implement changes.
- Interface with procurement team and suppliers to solve problems and develop new sources for components.
- Provide technical expertise to support manufacturing, Field Support Engineers, and customers.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineers and Quality Engineers
- Evaluate suitability of current products for new applications; work with team to develop bids and proposals for new, modified, or upgraded products.
- Develop test plans to verify models
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- 2+ more years of relevant industry experience
- Able to work in an office and indoor or outdoor industrial environment
- Domestic and international travel required on occasion
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering.
- Familiarity with CAD software (Creo or Solidworks preferred).
- Familiarity with Finite Element Analysis techniques and software (ANSYS preferred).
- Experience with crashworthy systems such as airbags, SRS, seatbelts, crash sensors.
- Experience with crew safety and survival systems for air, land, sea and space based solutions.
- Experience with crew safety product development and integration, including water sensing solutions, parachute systems, and / or Cartridge and Propellant Actuated Devices.
- Experience with Stirling cycle cryogenic coolers and their applications in infrared sensing systems and similar applications.
- Experience with control electronics and basic electrical principles.
- Current US DoD security clearance or the ability to acquire a security clearance.
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs. occasionally.
As a contractor with the Federal government, Eaton is subject to the Executive Order mandating COVID-19 vaccination. As permitted by applicable law, the candidate(s) hired under this posting must provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines, or request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation exempting them from the requirement. Vaccination status will not be verified until after an offer of employment is provided, and candidates may also request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation at that time.
Cobham Mission Systems' values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham Mission Systems is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham Mission Systems to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham Mission Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham Mission Systems to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham Mission Systems will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
As an equal opportunity employer, Cobham Mission Systems, is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Cobham Mission Systems’ career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by contacting CRT.NA@cobham.com
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobhammissionsystems.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobhammissionsystems