Eaton Mission Systems formerly Cobham Mission Systems is seeking a Business Development Manager for their Orchard Park, New York facility.
- Use Opportunity Identification and Business Capture best practices to identify, qualify and develop revenue opportunities related to key Military and Commercial Space Industry opportunities and pursuits related to Eaton’s Space portfolio of products.
- Understand customer needs and shape new business requirements related to launch vehicle propulsion, satellite bus propulsion configurations, and environmental control systems (e.g., life space support).
- Develop and execute win strategies to bring innovative solutions to customers.
- Act as a Capture Team Manager or be part of a capture team to support driving key business plan Space growth objectives
- Act as 'voice of the customer' and encourage team behaviors that focus on adding value and delivering customer benefits
- Maintain pipeline health to exceed order intake targets to support revenue generation for the CMS Space life support and propulsion product portfolio.
- Drive quality and timely responses of customer deliverables (e.g., white papers, RFIs, RFPs)
- Drive the Space IPT (Integrated Product Team) through appropriate Business Capture decisions with a pragmatic view of the business’s ability to deliver a solution in line with overall opportunity objectives.
- Own pursuit through contract negotiation and acceptance to Program hand-off
- Provide input to support internal business strategy development, market analysis, long-range growth plans, and product and technology roadmaps
- May be responsible to coordinate work and/or assist in orienting and training employees.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in the successful execution of complex business capture and contracting in the Military or Commercial Space industry.
- Experience implementing a business strategy that resulted in achievement of short range (12-18 months) and long range (3-5 years) organic growth plans through pipeline management and strategies.
- 5+ years of demonstrated customer and Space industry relationships.
- Proven experience cultivating intelligence regarding customer and end-user operational needs and buying influences.
- Demonstrated strong commercial acumen in relevant Space business contracting environment
- 5+ years of experience in presenting high-visibility material to both internal and external senior management.
- Ability to function in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary sales and business development environment.
- Must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Master’s degree or MBA
- Previous experience working for a Tier 1 Space OEM
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
As a contractor with the Federal government, Eaton is subject to the Executive Order mandating COVID-19 vaccination. As permitted by applicable law, the candidate(s) hired under this posting must provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines, or request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation exempting them from the requirement. Vaccination status will not be verified until after an offer of employment is provided, and candidates may also request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation at that time.
Cobham Mission Systems’ values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham Mission Systems is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham Mission Systems to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham Mission Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobhammissionsystems.com/career.
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobhammissionsystems