Eaton Mission Systems, formerly Cobham Mission Systems is seeking a Strategic Procurement Manager at our Davenport, Iowa facility. Successful candidate will assist in developing and executing the business unit’s strategic procurement and sourcing initiatives. Proposes and implements robust sourcing in support of the business’ goals. Lead the implementation of effective commodity based supplier management processes capable of achieving quality, cost, delivery and inventory improvements in support of the business unit’s goals.
- Lead strategic procurement assessments and make/buy plans for assigned commodities within Davenport Business Unit
- Assists in developing and executing make/buy and commodity management plans in support of Davenport Business Unit goals
- Assists in generating, negotiating and executing LTA’s and subcontracts
- Generates and maintains processes and procedures pertaining to Strategic Supply Chain within the quality management system for the Davenport Business Unit and in support of expectations of the greater corporation
- Lead cost reduction efforts for assigned commodities and controls purchase prices variances.
- Assists with product development activities by conducting commodity market analysis & supplier profiles for emerging commodities and technologies as required
- Understands contractual flowdowns and FAR/DFARS regulations related to US government contracting compliance
- Understands existing contracts and supplier performance, conduct gaps analysis, and develop recommendations and implementation plans
- Assists Tactical Buyers, Supply Chain Program Managers and Engineers in the Davenport Business Unit with sourcing guidance for assigned commodities
- Bachelor degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering or related field
- 8+ years’ experience working in a supply chain role
- 3+ years’ experience performing commodities/category management and sourcing optimization for one or more manufacturing sites
- Ability to develop business cases using ROI and NPV calculations
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Masters of Business Administration Degree
- Strategic procurement experience with commodities in which suppliers have IP ownership
- Experience with small business reporting and audits within a US Government contractor
- Experience negotiating long-term, complex supplier agreements
- APICS or ISM affiliation and certification (CSCP, CPSM)
Cobham Mission Systems' values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham Mission Systems is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham Mission Systems to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham Mission Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham Mission Systems to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham Mission Systems will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
As an equal opportunity employer, Cobham Mission Systems, is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Cobham Mission Systems’ career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by contacting CRT.NA@cobham.com
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobhammissionsystems.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobhammissionsystems