Eaton Mission Systems, formerly Cobham Mission Systems is seeking a Test Equipment Technician at our Davenport, Iowa facility. Successful will set-up, test, calibrate and repair all types of controls or instruments.
- Under general supervision sets up, tests, calibrate, and repairs all types of controls or instruments which adjust, measure, or indicate certain scientific variables or qualities such as heat, speed, voltage, amperage, etc.
- Assembles, test, and modifies prototype units and new units
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and calibrates in-house and vendor test equipment
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment
- Works with close tolerances
- May draft prints and schematics
- May be responsible for documentation and qualification of testing of units
- Performs all operations according to prescribed safety and environmental principles
- All other related duties as assigned
- Associates degree in related field and three years related experience or equivalent
- Skilled at troubleshooting and analyzing technical issues
- Skilled at reading at least one of the following: prints, engineering drawings and Electrical & Pneumatic schematics
- Effective verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with close tolerances
- Ability to operate electronic measuring and gauging equipment of at least one of the following: (Multi-meters, Pressure Calibrator, Meter calibrators, Calipers, Oscilloscope, Pneumatics)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Ability to make independent judgments regarding technical issues
- Ability to work in an office, lab, and indoor industrial environment
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- 1 year of troubleshooting PC or Laptop (Pull boards, drive and replacement, load software, etc.)
- 1 year of Vibration test equipment usage or calibration experience
- 1 year of X-ray test equipment usage or calibration experience
- Electrical and Pneumatics schematics
As a contractor with the Federal government, Eaton is subject to the Executive Order mandating COVID-19 vaccination. As permitted by applicable law, the candidate(s) hired under this posting must provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines, or request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation exempting them from the requirement. Vaccination status will not be verified until after an offer of employment is provided, and candidates may also request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation at that time.
Eaton Mission Systems' Values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Eaton Mission Systems is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham Mission Systems to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Eaton Mission Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Eaton Mission Systems to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Eaton Mission Systems will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
As an equal opportunity employer, Eaton Mission Systems, is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Eaton Mission Systems’ career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by contacting CRT.NA@cobham.com
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobhammissionsystems.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobhammissionsystems