Eaton Mission Systems, formerly Cobham Mission Systems, is seeking a Bid & Proposal Manager for their Orchard Park, New York facility. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the management of the supply chain activities in support of site IPT business development initiatives. This individual will be the Supply Chain focal in the preparation and consolidation of materials to support material cost roll-up into site bids. They will also be responsible for ensuring that planned supplier delivery is in alignment with the business needs; to employ methods to exercise that supplier capability to obtain material consistent with requirements, and to communicate risk internally to all Stakeholders..
- Prepare and/or consolidate supply chain bid materials including:
- Material and services cost roll-ups based on supply quotes from tactical team.
- Supply chain plans to define scope of work for the supply chain team upon award
- Compilation and presentation of the Supply chain risk and opportunity register, and management of same upon award.
- Manage bid proposals that are of medium and low risk and complexity. Site Supply chain lead for internal bid reviews and tender vets.
- Review requests for proposals (RFPs) and develop an internal plan to deliver the proposal working closely with the sales, operations and supply chain teams.
- Understand and ensure supply chain compliance for procurement on government contracts (relevant FAR/DFAR for procurement on government contracts).
- Work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams in Operations, Engineering, Contracts, and Finance & Program Management.
- Analyze operational data, pricing, material/labor estimating, bid analysis and financial analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret Request for Proposal/Request for Quote, contracts, schedule development and management, and customer relations.
- Experience in managing data from ERP systems, project schedules, spreadsheets, databases to complete reports to create supporting site cost out activities.
- Familiar with mechanical and electrical componentry in support of pnuematic assemblies for aerospace applications.
- Aerospace and defense part qualification processes, and level of effort for same.
- Understand P&L impact of department and IPT (Integrated Product Team) business actvities
- Leadership and Project Maangement experience
- Strong influencing skills by persuasively presenting thoughts and ideas;gaining committment and buy-in from others, and ensure IPT support for proposed ideas.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that create an open environment that envourages people to work together to solve problems and improve practices and services.
- Understand business risk and development of risk mitigation actions.
Key Measures and Milestones:
Cost Out, Supplier Portfolio, Risk and Management
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree in Supply Chain, Technology or Engineering
- Experience with Supply Chain processes, soliciting quotes, creating and issuing PO’s, negotiating prices, order acknowledgement and tracking, expedites, Invoice maintenance, Kanban, Supply Chain Optimization, interacting with other stakeholders.
- Experience in Supply Chain spend coordination and buying role.
- Advanced user of Windows based software, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Systems and Procedures as it pertains to the materials management function and Purchasing Standard work.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment to accomplish goals while managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in cross-functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology and an MBA
- Experience in A&D manufacturing environment.
- Experience in creating supply chain plans for execution of full rate production programs.
- Experience in the management of a site direct spend portfolio and P&L implications for same.
- Experience with ERP Software including Oracle, purchasing, work in process, and inventory modules of Oracle ERP system, ability/willingness/desire to learn if applicant doesn’t have specific system experience.
- Experience with inventory management tools including Kanban, LTA’s, AMPA’s, Performance Management, SIOP process.
- Strong Negotiation skills; Experience with functional contracts and commercial capability.
- Proven ability to thrive in an Office or Remote work environment.
- Ambitious self-starter that desires a career growth opportunity in Procurement and Supply Chain management
As a contractor with the Federal government, Eaton is subject to the Executive Order mandating COVID-19 vaccination. As permitted by applicable law, the candidate(s) hired under this posting must provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines, or request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation exempting them from the requirement. Vaccination status will not be verified until after an offer of employment is provided, and candidates may also request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation at that time.
Cobham Mission Systems’ values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham Mission Systems is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham Mission Systems to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham Mission Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobhammissionsystems.com/career.
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobhammissionsystems