Eaton Mission Systems, formerly Cobham Mission Systems, is seeking a VCP Project Manager for their Orchard Park, New York facility. The ideal candidate will coordinate and execute supply chain operational activities to hit cost out targets and consolidate the supply base for all direct spend. They will support supply chain activities across Integrated Product Teams (IPT) to ensure NA strategic direction is sustained, supplier performance is improved, and risk is mitigated.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiate supplier agreements to support effective purchasing practices that reduce cost, lead times, and risk that support the IPT needs.
- Coordinate with the Eaton commodity leads for the onboarding of suppliers to ensure proper handoff to the Tactical Supply Chain team for order management. Onboarding is inclusive of (but not limited to) part qualification and/or requalification/supplier qualification, supplier assessment and approval, terms and conditions review, and necessary supplier development/training to support unique Cobham sourcing requirements.
- Alignment with IPTs to become aware of products manufactured, sales growth/reduction plans, new product development, industry/markets the IPT serves, and supply chain pain points in order to define supply chain program managers improvement actions.
- Create individual supplier action plans based on core competencies, centers of excellence, supplier maturity levels, and supplier risk assessment that provides clear understanding long-term sourcing plans for all key suppliers.
- Communicate all aspects of supplier action plans via written and verbal communication in order to inform, influence, and engage with critical stakeholders across the business.
- Be “technologists” in the products and parts they support and remain current on technological advances relative to their IPT’s (Integrated product Teams).
- Coordinate with the design engineering community during development activities to aid in the creation of products, which can be readily sourced from the existing supply base.
- Provide assessment and guidance to the Tactical Supply Chain team on which suppliers to RFQ that are aligned with core competencies.
- Support the evaluation of supplier proposals with the Tactical Supply Chain team in order to provide the team with complete sourcing decisions.
- Continuously support supplier risk assessment utilizing various methods of research and internal tools to summarize and communicate to the entire organization.
- Manage key supplier performance though the use of supplier performance management tools (scorecards, supplier improvement plans, QBRs, etc.) to ensure KPI goals are understood and any deviation from KPI goals have a clear understanding of root cause and action plan in place from supplier to meet goals in the future.
- Assist the Tactical Supply Chain team of issue resolution if issues are escalated to the Supply Chain Program Manager.
- Experience in managing data from ERP systems, project schedules, spreadsheets, databases to complete reports to create supporting site cost out activities.
- Familiar with mechanical and electrical componentry in support of pnuematic assemblies for aerospace applications.
- Aerospace and defense part qualification processes, and level of effort for same
- Understands P & L impact of department and IPT business activities.
- Leadership and project management skills.
- Strong influencing skills by persuasively presenting thoughts and ideas; gaining commitment and buy-in from others, and ensure IPT support for proposed ideas.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that create an open environment that encourages people to work together to solve problems and improve practices and services.
- Understands business risk and development of risk mitigation actions.
Key Measures and Milestones:
Cost out, PPV, SOTIF, SDPPM, Supplier Portfolio Risk and Management
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Operations, Supply Chain or related field experience in negotiating long-term complex supplier agreements and managing supplier performance along with 3-7 years electrical commodities procurement experience within a technology company (ideally aerospace & defense related).
- Experience in negotiating long-term complex supplier agreements and managing supplier performance.
- Technical knowledge of products being procured along with knowledge of product marketplace.
- Experience developing business cases to underpin specific investment and change projects.
- Supplier Relationship management experience.
- Able to work to financial and time constraints across multiple IPTs (integrated Product Teams).
- ERP and Microsoft Office Suite proficiency to manage and analyze various procurement data.
- Ability to travel up to 25% and ability to obtain and hold a passport.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business disciplines with an MBA
- Proven consolidating the supply base for a high mix/low volume aerospace and defense manufacturer
- Excellent leadership and development skills to drive success of team
- Excellent interpersonal skills in communication, motivation, and persuasion
- Skilled facilitator and mediator in resolving conflicts
- Commercially and contractually aware
- Ability to balance task, team, and individual needs in achieving goals and illustrate corporate “global” view with senior stakeholders.
As a contractor with the Federal government, Eaton is subject to the Executive Order mandating COVID-19 vaccination. As permitted by applicable law, the candidate(s) hired under this posting must provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines, or request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation exempting them from the requirement. Vaccination status will not be verified until after an offer of employment is provided, and candidates may also request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation at that time.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobhammissionsystems.com/career.
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobhammissionsystems