Cobham Mission Systems have an exciting opportunity for a Production Manager (known internally as a (Value Stream Manager).
The purpose of the role is to manage a multifunctional team to safely deliver against On Time In Full (OTIF), Quality and Cost targets across an MSD value stream.
Reporting to the Operations Director, This role is based from Crewkerne, Somerset.
We are able to offer flexible working arrangements, such as working remotely with attendance on site on an agreed basis as required. We could explore a job share opportunity for the right individuals.
As a Production Manager, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Proven experience in a manufacturing type business
- Advanced knowledge in the skills, tools, techniques, disciplines and processes of Manufacturing Management
- Knowledge of aerospace and defence industry would be an advantage but is not essential
- Advanced levels of business acumen and leadership experience
- Strong knowledge and practioner of Lean and improvement techniques
- Thorough knowledge of ERP
- Proven experience in health and safety management, Ideally have NEBOSH
As a Production Manager, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Oversees the work activities associated with producing the company’s products to ensure meeting production goals, quality and cost objectives
- Prioritises production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply.
- Plans and administers procedures and budgets. Makes budgetary recommendations and, at higher levels, controls capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor costs.
- Develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Ensures the availability of trained personnel across production areas through multi skilling and cross training
- Manages the assembly of company products through a multifunctional team
- Project Manages Non development programmes, NPI Transitions and special projects
- Ensure operational compliance with Company procedures and Quality requirements
- Identify and drive improvement initiative to reduce costs and improve on time delivery, work closely with other CMS sites to share best practice and develop synergies.
- Applies standard change control procedures and provides leadership in order to engage the team in continuously improving their performance.
- Responsible for applying, maintaining and improving lean manufacturing procedures.
- Play a lead role in developing processes and implementation of a new ERP solution
- Executes company HR policy in line with authorisation levels, including managing absence and annual leave, identification of training needs and plans, active participation in recruitment and integration of new team members, coaching managers in core skills and carrying out Personal Development Reviews
- Actively supports the development needs of the team to ensure task flexibility
- Co-operates with management to meet the employer’s legal duties and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions
About Cobham Mission Systems
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
We offer challenging and rewarding roles across a wide range of disciplines that combine to make us a true global technology and service leader.
Our ethos is rooted firmly in our history of innovation, leadership and empowerment and we take great pride in solving the big problems that others can’t. If it can be done we can find a way.
We believe in operating as a team, both among ourselves and alongside our partners. And we believe in pushing our potential to its very limit.
After all, we did not get to where we are now, nor will we succeed in the future, by being unambiguous or complacent. For us, Every Mission Matters.
What You Can Expect From Us
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes an annual bonus, employer matched pension scheme of up to 12%, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with options to buy/sell 5 days per year, company funded life cover of 3x salary and income protection scheme as well as a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme. In addition, we offer a wide range of additional benefits through our Cobham Choice Benefit Portal covering Health & Wellbeing benefits, Insurances, Cycle Scheme, Gym Flex, Technology Scheme and discounted Retail Vouchers to name a few.
If successful, you will be required to pass a criminal record check and a security clearance.
Working at CMS Wimborne
Click Here to watch a video to see what we do and hear from colleagues what life is like at our Wimborne site.
Check out our website and our LinkedIn page to find out more.