Due to internal promotion, Cobham Mission Systems have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Commercial Officer.
Sitting within our very exciting Weapons Carriage & Release IPT, the purpose of the role is to provide Commercial and Contractual support to Customer project teams in securing new business from new or existing Customers and management of existing contracts.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Contract & Commercials, this vacancy is based from Wimborne, Dorset.
We are able to offer flexible working arrangements, such as working remotely with attendance on site on an agreed basis as required.
As a Senior Commercial Officer, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree or equivalent experience in law/business.
- Experience in applying the broad principles of contract law to proposals & negotiations, contract changes, disputes and contract management.
- Technically proficient in contract drafting and through life management of a product (change control)
- Proven experience in effective negotiation
- Experience of assessing the impact of complex commercial issues on the business and presenting a considered view on strategy for negotiation and resolution
- Ideally have experience of international contracting and the management of foreign-based customers and contracts
- Experience in an International defence contracting environment involving UK MoD & US DoD conditions would be advantageous
As a Senior Commercial Officer, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Support to new business through provision of strong contract and commercial advice to support bids, quotations and negotiation of contracts & agreements, within area of responsibility
- Support to bid teams with respect to pricing and strategy
- Maximising margins and ensuring the company’s position is protected in terms of legalities and liabilities
- Identification of commercial risks and mitigations
- Compliance to policies & procedures which relate to Commercial, Contracts & Legal function
- Support of contract review, acceptance & order acknowledgement process
- Contract administration & point of contact for customer commercial enquiries
- Support the creation of flow down terms & conditions for Operations & Supplier Management
- Develop relationships with internal and external customers
- Management of customer contractual claims
- Creation of contract summaries for management
- Preparation of inputs and support to support Cobham Delivery Framework reviews
- Advise on bid approval escalations to Senior and Executive Management, as appropriate
- Conduct effective change management
About Cobham Mission Systems
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
We offer challenging and rewarding roles across a wide range of disciplines that combine to make us a true global technology and service leader.
Our ethos is rooted firmly in our history of innovation, leadership and empowerment and we take great pride in solving the big problems that others can’t. If it can be done we can find a way.
We believe in operating as a team, both among ourselves and alongside our partners. And we believe in pushing our potential to its very limit.
After all, we did not get to where we are now, nor will we succeed in the future, by being unambiguous or complacent. For us, Every Mission Matters.
What You Can Expect From Us
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes an annual bonus, employer matched pension scheme of up to 12%, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with options to buy/sell 5 days per year, company funded life cover of 3x salary and income protection scheme as well as a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme. In addition, we offer a wide range of additional benefits through our Cobham Choice Benefit Portal covering Health & Wellbeing benefits, Insurances, Cycle Scheme, Gym Flex, Technology Scheme and discounted Retail Vouchers to name a few.
If successful, you will be required to pass a criminal record check and a security clearance.
Working at CMS Wimborne
Click Here to watch a video to see what we do and hear from colleagues what life is like at our Wimborne site.
Check out our website and our LinkedIn page to find out more.