- Full Time or Part Time hours
- Reporting directly to the Director of Engineering – Special Mission
- Adelaide based
As the largest provider of contract aviation services in Australia, Cobham is able to offer market-leading solutions to its clients, along with challenging and unique opportunities to its employees.
Our Special Mission business operates the world’s largest outsourced surveillance operation and has search-and-rescue capability that covers nearly 10 per cent of the earth’s surface.
Cobham currently has an opportunity for a Technical Administrator to join the Special Mission team. The role has a dual function with responsibility for processing of technical data into our aircraft maintenance management system and managing a broad array of administrative tasks for the wider team.
This is an opportunity to provide critical technical and administrative support to Special Mission operations and grow a career in a dynamic business offering innovative solutions to our government aviation contracts.
What are we looking for?
If you are an organised and efficient individual who is capable of working autonomously then this may be the role for you.
We are looking for someone who thrives in fast paced environments and who can keep on top of current directions and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
What will I have to do?
This will be an agile role that will evolve to match business needs, but examples of your responsibilities could include the following:
- Provide administrative support to the Head of Fleet, Head of Logistics, Head of Design and the Safety and Quality Manager
- Be responsible for the administration of Cobham systems – including maintaining a database with details of employees and keeping records of assessments and authorisation processes
- Maintaining employee records
- Maintain and control Aircraft Flight Manuals revision status
- Update the Design Database
- Act as a liaison for all IT issues
- Manage travel for the department
What skills and experience do we need?
- Certificate III in Business Administration (desirable but not essential)
- Aviation experience (essential)
- Relevant experience within a similar administration role
- Intermediate skills within the MS Suite of systemS
- Highly organised and efficient
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Who are we?
Cobham Aviation Services is headquartered in Adelaide and operates services nationally across Australia. Our Regional Services business offers closed charter (fly-in, fly-out) passenger and freight services to remote sites in support of mining, oil and gas projects and outsourced freight services for Qantas. Our Special Mission business operates the world’s largest outsourced surveillance operation and has search-and-rescue capability across nearly 10 per cent of the earth’s surface.
How do I apply?
If you think you have what we are looking for, please apply by clicking on the link and provide a CV and covering letter addressing your suitability for the role.
All applicants must be an Australian citizen and be able to hold and maintain an Australian Government and Australian Border Force security clearance.