Eaton Mission Systems, formally Cobham Mission Systems is seeking a Kitchen Manager / Head Chef that will work with a dynamic team at our growing Davenport, Iowa facility. The successful candidate will lead cafeteria operations for our facility.
- Oversees daily operations and kitchen staff in the kitchen/serving line ensuring that food is prepared safely and efficiently
- Oversees vending operation, including procurement and inventory maintenance
- Responsible and accountable for accuracy and integrity of serving line and vending deposits
- Oversees and direct all aspects of internal catering
- Direct Reports include: Sous Chef, Cook, Kitchen Assistant, and Barista
- Develops and implements breakfast and lunch menu rotation for serving line and catering based on food trends, food costs, patron requests, and seasonal availability
- Provides health conscious entree selections and portion sizes
- Effectively manages operating budget
- Oversees maintenance and cleaning of kitchen appliances and equipment and utensils, recommending repairs or replacements as needed
- Maintains Health Department license and required standards
- Coordinates with HR department to support health initiatives
- Inspects incoming food product for quality
- Efficiently manages food inventory
- Develops and coordinates cross training for direct reports
- Actively promote and enforce adherence to safety, health and environmental rules and procedures
- Oversees stocking, ordering, and purchasing of ingredients, ensuring that necessary ingredients are available and as fresh as possible while also minimizing spoilage and waste
- Sets prices for food items on the menu
- All other duties as assigned
- BA in Culinary Arts with 2 years food service/event catering experience OR AA in Culinary Arts or related field with 4 years food service/event catering experience in a manufacturing/food service environment OR High School diploma or equivalent with 10 years food service/event catering experience in a manufacturing/food service environment
- Minimum of 5 years managing or leading others within a food service environment
- Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing food service budgets
- Ability to provide dedicated & consistent customer service and to respond to requests from groups of managers, internal customers, and corporate guests
- Ability to calculate food quantity requirements
- Ability to work in an industrial kitchen or indoor industrial environment
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
As a contractor with the Federal government, Eaton is subject to the Executive Order mandating COVID-19 vaccination. As permitted by applicable law, the candidate(s) hired under this posting must provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines, or request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation exempting them from the requirement. Vaccination status will not be verified until after an offer of employment is provided, and candidates may also request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation at that time.
Cobham Mission Systems' values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham Mission Systems is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham Mission Systems to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham Mission Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham Mission Systems to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham Mission Systems will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
As an equal opportunity employer, Cobham Mission Systems, is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Cobham Mission Systems’ career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by contacting CRT.NA@cobham.com
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobhammissionsystems.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobhammissionsystems