Eaton Mission Systems, formally Cobham Mission Systems is seeking a Bid and Proposal Analyst that will work with a dynamic team at our growing Davenport, Iowa facility. This successful candidate will plan, develop, and schedule proposals. The selected person will compile the costs, schedule, and technical elements in the development of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications.
- Prepares proposal development schedules, identifies the personnel needed, delegates responsibilities and is responsible for delivering high-quality proposals on deadline.
- Manage bid proposals that are of medium and low risk and complexity.
- Reviews requests for proposals (RFPs) and develop an internal plan to deliver the proposal working closely with the sales team.
- Develops proposal plans, outlines and schedules based on solid understanding of the task, plan, past performance and personnel.
- Assembles and ensures all required participants from the functional leads are active in the proposal preparation.
- Plans, directs, and monitors bid schedule and serves as primary internal contact for bid information.
- Responsible for bid preparation, bid approvals and submittals per schedule.
- Responsible for post bid debrief.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams in Operations, Engineering, Contracts, and Finance & Program Management.
- Ability to analyze operational data, pricing, material/labor estimating, bid analysis and financial analysis.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to interpret Request for Proposal/Request for Quote, contracts, schedule development and management, and customer relations.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in pricing, material/labor estimating, bid analysis and financial analyses preferably in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Expert in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint and Visio).
- Skilled in macros, lookup functions, array formulas, pivot tables, and data management.
- Audit and negotiation experience with Government and Commercial Customers.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Bachelors in Industrial Engineering or Masters in Business Administration with major in Marketing or Finance.
- 5+ years of relevant experience working in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems.
- Excellent decision-making, planning, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to read, write, and understand technical proposals and reports.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, capable of expressing ideas clearly and communicating effectively with employees at all levels in the organization, including the ability to prepare and make technical presentations to small groups.
- Good organizational skills to independently prioritize daily activities to meet proposal objectives
As a contractor with the Federal government, Eaton is subject to the Executive Order mandating COVID-19 vaccination. As permitted by applicable law, the candidate(s) hired under this posting must provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines, or request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation exempting them from the requirement. Vaccination status will not be verified until after an offer of employment is provided, and candidates may also request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation at that time.
Cobham Mission Systems' values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham Mission Systems is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham Mission Systems to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham Mission Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham Mission Systems to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham Mission Systems will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
As an equal opportunity employer, Cobham Mission Systems, is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Cobham Mission Systems’ career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by contacting CRT.NA@cobham.com
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobhammissionsystems.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobhammissionsystems