Eaton Mission Systems, formerly Cobham Mission Systems, is seeking a Composite Assembler I for their Westminster, Maryland facility. The ideal candidate will communicate and coordinate with the Production Supervisor and Production Technician (PST) regarding specific production needs (part availability, equipment, production status and schedule updates) to ensure on-time delivery. They will perform assembly and testing of production hardware within the confines of the systems and procedures and the certified operator system.
- Training and special process certification maintenance.
- Participate in 5S cell efforts and continuous improvement.
- Comply with work policies.
- Identify improvement opportunities.
- Obtain and maintain Certified Operator Status.
- Ability to lift up to and including 50 pounds.
- Utilization of proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for each task associated with the job.
- Report all near misses, illnesses, and injuries following established procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that Environmental, Health, and Safety are included as part of everyday activities.
- High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of 1 year of manufacturing experience OR 1 year of Military experience
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Associates degree in Mechanical/Electrical Technology
- Assembly or Test experience in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of Lean, Six Sigma, Cellular Manufacturing, One Piece Flow and Continuous Improvement concepts
- Experience with various types of industrial machinery equipment and tools such as lathes, curing ovens, thermal and/or life cycle machines, sanding and painting tools, as well as standard hand tools are a plus.
As a contractor with the Federal government, Eaton is subject to the Executive Order mandating COVID-19 vaccination. As permitted by applicable law, the candidate(s) hired under this posting must provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines, or request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation exempting them from the requirement. Vaccination status will not be verified until after an offer of employment is provided, and candidates may also request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation at that time.
Cobham Mission Systems’ values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham Mission Systems is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham Mission Systems to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham Mission Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobhammissionsystems.com/career.
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobhammissionsystems