Eaton Mission Systems, formerly Cobham Mission Systems, is seeking an Indirect Procurement Manager for their Orchard Park, New York facility. The ideal candidate will responsible for the management of the indirect supply base portfolio and buying activities. Responsible for maintaining appropriate levels of support for the site including supplier on-time delivery, service, and inventory levels as applicable. They will also be responsible for ensuring that supplier communication regarding material/service delivery is in alignment with the business needs; to employ methods to exercise that supplier capability to obtain material consistent with requirements, and to communicate risk internally to all Stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Procure all materials, services, required to support the manufacture of products from the right supplier, at the right price, to maximize profitability, following established purchasing policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of all indirect product and service providers, and create a portfolio of suppliers to meet and exceed site cost out target while maintaining quality and delivery of products and services.
- Coordinate site indirect spend with CMS division and broader Eaton supply base to reduce the numbers of suppliers, increase leveraged spend, and support cost-out activities.
- Negotiate and administer purchase orders in support of site needs.
- Determine and maintain levels of inventory where appropriate to meet organizational metrics and keep inventory at prescribed levels.
- Issue requests for quotations.
- Work with sourcing and program team to select suppliers for bid and award from the approved list in order to achieve program objectives.
- Review and understand purchase order terms and conditions.
- Manage/modify open and past due orders with suppliers, adjusts schedule as needed.
- Monitor supplier performance, prepare reports and other records.
- Resolve discrepancies related to purchasing, delivery, receiving and accounts payable invoices.
- Contribute to continuing improvement efforts across all facets of supply chain.
- Work with the commodity team to ensure that supplier communication and related KPI metrics are in support of the IPT’s needs; Participate in performance management meetings.
- Experience in managing data from ERP systems, project schedules, spreadsheets, databases to complete reports to create supporting site cost out activities.
- Familiar with mechanical and electrical componentry in support of pneumatic assemblies for aerospace applications.
- Aerospace and Defense part qualification processes, and level of effort for same.
- Understand P&L impact of department and IPT business activities.
- Demonstrated leadership and Project Maqnagement skills.
- Strong infuencing skills by persuasively presenting thoughts and ideas; gaining committment and buy-in from others, and ensure IPT support for proposed ideas.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that create an open environment that encourages people to work together to solve problems and improve practices and services.
- Understand business risk and development of risk mitigation actions.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2 year Associate degree in Supply Chain, Technology or Engineering.
- Proven experience with Supply Chain processes, soliciting quotes, creating and issuing PO’s, negotiating prices, order acknowledgement and tracking, expedites, Invoice maintenance, Kanban, Supply Chain Optimization, interacting with other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in and indirect supply chain spend coordination and buying role.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Windows based software, specifically Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of systems and procedures as it pertains to the materials management function and Purchasing Standard work.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment to accomplish goals while managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and independently
- Strong organizational, analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Demonstrated experience in A&D manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience in the management of a site indirect spend portfolio and P&L implications for same.
- Ability to execute and manage CapEx, VMI programs, and services procurements.
- Experience in materials management or purchasing
- Experience with ERP Software including Oracle, purchasing, work in process, and inventory modules of Oracle ERP system, ability/willingness/desire to learn if applicant doesn’t have specific system experience.
- Experience with inventory management tools including Kanban, LTA’s, AMPA’s, Performance Management, SIOP process.
- Strong Negotiation skills; Experience with functional contracts and commercial capability.
- Ability to thrive in an Office or Remote work environment.
- Ambitious self-starter that desires a career growth opportunity in Procurement and Supply Chain management.
As a contractor with the Federal government, Eaton is subject to the Executive Order mandating COVID-19 vaccination. As permitted by applicable law, the candidate(s) hired under this posting must provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines, or request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation exempting them from the requirement. Vaccination status will not be verified until after an offer of employment is provided, and candidates may also request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation at that time.
Cobham Mission Systems’ values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham Mission Systems is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham Mission Systems to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham Mission Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobhammissionsystems.com/career.
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobhammissionsystems