Eaton Mission Systems formerly Cobham Mission Systems is seeking a Supply Chain Operations Senior Manager for their Orchard Park, New York facility. The ideal candidate will coordinate and execute supply chain operational activities to hit cost out targets, manage all relevant government compliance requirements, facilitate supplier management, data analysis, and bid and proposal activities. They will also support supply chain activities across Integrated Product Teams (IPT) to ensure NA strategic direction is sustained, supplier performance is improved, and risk is mitigated.
- Develop and maintain an overall understanding of the Cobham business including the 5YP, annual sales/margin/cash goals, and strategic initiatives.
- Lead Supply Chain Program Managers to drive cost reduction efforts to meet annual cost out goals while maintaining quality and delivery from all suppliers.
- Control purchase price variances while being mindful of total cost of ownership
- Take an active role in managing delgated supplier relationships and performance managementof key suppliers utilizing QBRs, Scorecards, Supplier Improvement Plans, etc.
- Manage bid and proposal efforts across each integrated Product Team to identify material costs, risk and opportunities in the supply base and planning to support execution of bid.
- Continuously develop and maintain supply chain systems and procedures to support AS9100 compliance requirments and best practices in procurement. Manage, develop and drive US Government compliance in procurement by staying relevant on regulations (FAR, DFARS, ATAR, EAR) implementing system changes and support the Tactical Suplly Chain team to maintain compliance in purchasing.
- Manage and create Small Business Administration/Small Business Participation plans as required by US Government Contracting rules by act as (or delegating) Small Business Liaison Officer (SBLO) for the business.
- Maintain, develop, and delegate key supplier management data to support regular reporting as well as ad hoc analysis to support the business.
- Coordinate with Eaton commodity leads to secure a supply base that meets the organiztions quality, cost and delivery targets.
- Participate in the supplier qualification process and coordinate with the Integrated Product Teams as necessary to improve quality, cost and delivery performance across the supply base.
- Assist with recruiting, training, hiring and developing Supply Chain Program Managers, Supply Chain Specialists and other roles within the supply chain functions.
- Strong leadership, motivational, and influencing skills.
- Strong ERP and computer technology skills.
- Understand P&L impact of department's business activities.
- Tenacious and able to develop and drive performance excellence across teams.
- Ambition, drive, enthusiasm, and desire to develop oneself and others.
- Capacity to solve problems, analyze data, and to recall and apply information to various business scenarios.
- Demonstrate ethical, trustworthiness, and professional behavior.
- Respond with consistency in situations that require honesty and candor.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that create an open environment that encourages people to work together to solve problems and improve practices.
- Self-starter capable of driving issues to resolution.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- A bachelor degree in Engineering, Business, Operations, Supply Chain or related field and 5-10 years’ experience working in a supply chain organization. Previous experience in a cross functional role.
- Proven experience in qualification of A&D supply base and managing supplier performance across a large, diverse supply base.
- Technical knowledge of products being procured along with knowledge of product marketplace.
- Supplier Relationship management experience.
- Able to work financial and time conxstraints across multiple IPT's.
- Demonstrated experience developing business cases to underpin specific investment and change projects
- Excellent ERP and Microsoft Office skills to manage and analyze various of procurement data.
- Ability to travel up to 10%, obtain and hold a passport
- A master’s degree in Business Administration
- PMI/PMP certification
- Proven success with delivery of projects on time and on budget
- Proven leadership and development skills to drive success for the team
- Excellent interpersonal skills; communication, motivation and persuasion
- Skilled facilitator and mediator in resolving conflicts
- Commercially and contractually aware
- Ability to balance task, team, and individual needs in achieving goals
- Able to illustrate corporate "global" view with senior stakeholders
As a contractor with the Federal government, Eaton is subject to the Executive Order mandating COVID-19 vaccination. As permitted by applicable law, the candidate(s) hired under this posting must provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines, or request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation exempting them from the requirement. Vaccination status will not be verified until after an offer of employment is provided, and candidates may also request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation at that time.
Cobham Mission Systems’ values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham Mission Systems is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham Mission Systems to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham Mission Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobhammissionsystems.com/career.Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobhammissionsystems