Eaton Mission Systems formerly Cobham Mission systems has an ongoing need for Manufacturing Technicians at our Orchard Park, New York facility. If you are interested in being considered for these roles please apply to this opening.
Manufacturing Technicians perform complex and varied mechanical and electromechanical assembly tasks and/or operate specialized equipment such as automatic welding machines. You will use specialized testing devices and fixtures. The work that will be performed will be in different manufacturing cells, in both team and individual settings. You will interact and collaborate with Engineering and Quality Assurance personnel and will apply Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement principals to your work. You will communicate and coordinate with the Manufacturing Technician Leaders regarding specific production needs (part availability, equipment, production status, and schedule updates) to ensure on-time delivery. The Orchard Park assembly operation is based on shift availability, Monday – Friday. We are currently hiring on all shifts. This position is located in Orchard Park, New York.
- Complete the Training Matrix and obtain special process certification (internal)
- Participate in 5S cell efforts and continuous improvement
- Comply with work policies
- Identify improvement opportunities
- Obtain and maintain Certified Operator Status
- Ability to lift up to and including 50 pounds
- Utilization of proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for each task associated with the job
- Report all near misses, illnesses, and injuries following established procedures
- Responsible for ensuring that Environmental, Health, and Safety are included as part of everyday activities.
- Completed High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year of manufacturing experience OR 1 year of related military experience OR completion of a technology certification program
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Associates Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Technology
- Assembly or Test experience in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of Lean, Six Sigma, Cellular Manufacturing, One Piece Flow, and Continuous Improvement concepts
As a contractor with the Federal government, Eaton is subject to the Executive Order mandating COVID-19 vaccination. As permitted by applicable law, the candidate(s) hired under this posting must provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines, or request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation exempting them from the requirement. Vaccination status will not be verified until after an offer of employment is provided, and candidates may also request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation at that time.
Eaton Mission Systems' Values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Eaton Mission Systems is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Eaton Mission Systems to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Eaton Mission Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Eaton Mission Systems to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Eaton Mission Systems will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobhammissionsystems.com/career.
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobhammissionsystems