Cobham Mission Systems have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager – Airbus and Embraer Production & Mods (known internally as a Project Manager II)
Working within key projects within our Air-to-Air Refueling side of the business, such as KC390, A400M & A330.
Responsible for leading and managing one or more development and production projects within the Airbus & Embraer IPT’s to deliver the agreed scope within planned quality, time and cost parameters and drive for customer and stakeholder satisfaction. Responsible for leading bids and proposals to secure future opportunities with existing and new Customers
There are no direct line reports but there will be considerable matrix management and supply chain partners to lead and motivate.
Reporting to the Senior Programme Manager/IPT Lead, this role is based from Wimborne, Dorset.
We are able to offer flexible working arrangements, such as working remotely with attendance on site on an agreed basis as required.
As a Senior Project Manager, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Qualified to deliver projects ranging from, those being tactical low risk, to those being strategically important with major scale and risk.
- Degree qualified ideally 5 plus years plus experience working in project teams or 10 years plus experience in the functional areas
- Experience of managing projects of the same or similar functions and technology, with proven delivery track record.
- Strong knowledge of the functional disciplines and supply chain that require management.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of PPM techniques
- Experience modification projects to existing product
- Advanced leadership skills
- Goal orientation balancing task, team and individual needs to achieve the right outcomes
- Advanced interpersonal skills (communication, motivation, persuasion).
- Drive, enthusiasm, initiative and a willingness to develop
- Methodical and organised
- Good facilitator/mediator able to resolve conflict.
- Able to take corporate or ‘global’ view
- An ability to develop team members and increase their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Commercially and contractually aware.
As a Senior Project Manager, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Deliver project or bid to agreed time, cost and quality parameters.
- Direct motivate and provide leadership for the project team.
- Organise, coordinate and direct the project activities.
- Manage risks and issues proactively
- Ensure effective and open communication throughout the project team and with stakeholders.
- Lead the project teams planning efforts and Identify resource requirements based on agreed scope.
- Manage relationships with key customer personnel
- Manage and deliver the required product (s) for each project, phase or stage motivating the supply chain.
- Manage the tracking, updating and reporting progress and or variance on all aspects of the Project to include financials (EAC), project plans (IMS), work breakdown structures (WBS), project risk registers and LCM adherence with project reporting calendar to both internal and external customers.
- Seek to minimise the effects of change ‘scope creep’, ensure changes are formally processed applying contract variations as needed.
- Co-operate with management to meet the employer’s legal duties and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions
About Cobham Mission Systems
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
We offer challenging and rewarding roles across a wide range of disciplines that combine to make us a true global technology and service leader.
Our ethos is rooted firmly in our history of innovation, leadership and empowerment and we take great pride in solving the big problems that others can’t. If it can be done we can find a way.
We believe in operating as a team, both among ourselves and alongside our partners. And we believe in pushing our potential to its very limit.
After all, we did not get to where we are now, nor will we succeed in the future, by being unambiguous or complacent. For us, Every Mission Matters.
What You Can Expect From Us
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes an annual bonus, employer matched pension scheme of up to 12%, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with options to buy/sell 5 days per year, company funded life cover of 3x salary and income protection scheme as well as a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme. In addition, we offer a wide range of additional benefits through our Cobham Choice Benefit Portal covering Health & Wellbeing benefits, Insurances, Cycle Scheme, Gym Flex, Technology Scheme and discounted Retail Vouchers to name a few.
If successful, you will be required to pass a criminal record check and a security clearance.
Working at CMS Wimborne
Click Here to watch a video to see what we do and hear from colleagues what life is like at our Wimborne site.
Check out our website and our LinkedIn page to find out more.