Eaton Mission Systems, formerly Cobham Mission Systems, is seeking a Custodian I for their Orchard Park, New York facility. The ideal candidate will be responsible for performing general cleaning functions within the office and production areas. They will ensure a safe working environment and conditions are maintained.
- General cleaning of the cafeteria and manufacturing areas of the facility according to Standard Work documents.
- Cleaning of aisles with Doodle duster and/or floor machine
- Collect and transfer of garbage and recycling to compactor and outside collection areas
- Routine disinfecting of areas with common touch points
- Clean floors in and around manufacturing cells using mops/vacuums/Doodle dusters/floor machines as required.
- Routine cleaning of cafeteria tables, chairs, and floors.
- Must become familiar with cleaning chemical components and safety requirements
- Report any facility discrepancies; such as leaking faucets, broken pipes, cracks in walls or glass, etc.
- Occasional snow shoveling and salting of walkways to and from the facility
- Proper ordering and stocking of paper and chemical products
- Moderate physical efforts ranging from continuously moving lightweight material (less than 5 lbs.) to occasionally moving heavyweight material (up to and including 50 lbs.)
- Comply with work policies
- Identify improvement opportunities
- Responsible for ensuring that Environmental, Health, and Safety are included as part of everyday activities
- A High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of experience in industrial cleaning
- Familiarity with stripping and waxing floors
- Familiarity with floor machine and carpet extractor use
- Cleaning Manufacturing facility to Class 100 000 specifications
- Awareness of areas with ESD (Electrostatic Discharge) compliance
- Maintain metrics of waste and recyclables
- Ability to conduct precision cleaning per checklist for each area of the facility
- Organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
As a contractor with the Federal government, Eaton is subject to the Executive Order mandating COVID-19 vaccination. As permitted by applicable law, the candidate(s) hired under this posting must provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines, or request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation exempting them from the requirement. Vaccination status will not be verified until after an offer of employment is provided, and candidates may also request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation at that time.
Cobham Mission Systems’ values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham Mission Systems is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham Mission Systems to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham Mission Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobhammissionsystems.com/career.
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobhammissionsystems