Prepare and assemble electromechanical components and assemblies of semi complexity to support Test and Rework areas by using blueprints, drawings, diagrams and written processes; work is performed under a microscope while using small hand tools, machinery and other applicable materials; monitors work-in-process or completed work, may need to disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, test experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications and under simulated conditions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
- Research the most current drawing in an Enterprise-wide system such as Anzio or SAP; verify accuracy of drawing to the traveler; update traveler instructions, if applicable.
- Clean electromechanical components and sub-assemblies using established processes and procedures.
- Install hardware, screws, tuning screws, connectors and pint protectors; install sub-assemblies.
- Prime & foam coils and ribbons on tested/tuned parts; stake tuning screws, screws, tuning tabs and turoids on tested/tuned parts; pre-seal clean; clean, deburr, delidded assemblies.
- Visually inspect work completed for accuracy and compliance to drawings and workmanship standards
- Request materials and components to attach, install or complete as required, ensuring appropriate carrier for parts; inform supervisor and/or lead of assembly discrepancies.
- Barcode out completed work orders, if applicable per traveler flow sheet, prior to releasing to subsequent operations.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintain a clean and safe workstation.
- Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for improvements.
- Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
- Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
- Perform miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
Perform work of semi-routine complexity, requiring occasional decisions in judgment, normally following established procedures on routine work; requires instruction on new work.
Understands and has proven ability to use at a minimum four (4) mechanical assembly processes.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrate through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
Two (2) years of previous related experience required, prior working knowledge with small hand tools such as soldering equipment and microscopes, preferred; detail-oriented with good manual and eye dexterity; High School or GED equivalent, desirable.
Prior knowledge: understanding and proven ability to perform at least four (4) of the following processes : PreSeal Clean, Application of Foam, Screw Installation and Torquing, Self Locking Screw Installation, MIC Cleaning (Chemical), Staking of Hardware, Epoxy Adhesive Handling, and/or Epoxy Cure, required.
Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, interpret and comprehend written and verbal instructions; communicate across organizational levels; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities; proficient English reading level to understand technical terminology used within the organization;
Math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent
Computer skills: exposure to a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Microsoft office suite; ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP and drawing-viewing programs
Time Management & organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality;
Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently being proactive to resolve work issues or notify supervisor of resources needed; ability to coordinate with other employees and as part of a team.
Required to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.