Equipment Engineering Technician
Colorado Springs, CO
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art Aerospace and Defence Systems. We have a long track record of raising successive generations of innovators, pioneers and entrepreneurs, like Sir Alan, to be proud of. But more than ever, in a world of accelerating change and global competition, it is the talent we attract and encourage now that will underwrite our future. Our history reflects the strength and innovation that Cobham’s team members have used to constantly transform our Company and identify new opportunities. Our team members, working around the world, share a commitment to our core corporate values:
Safety, Performance, Innovation, Relationships, Integrity, Trust
Position Summary: The Manufacturing/Test Equipment Engineering Tech will install, maintain, and repair equipment and systems associated with IC manufacturing, through high quality workmanship and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
· Install, maintain and calibrate equipment related to the IC Manufacturing area
· Repair IC Manufacturing area equipment
· Perform scheduled preventive maintenance on the equipment in IC Manufacturing area
· Generate better ways to maintain R&M equipment to reduce downtime
· Implement set-up and preventive maintenance guideline procedures for the equipment
· Order and maintain equipment spares and associated inventory tracking software
· Troubleshooting skills on assorted electronic equipment
Other Duties and responsibilities:
· Research (via Internet, etc.) for necessary supplies or equipment upgrades/repairs needed and generate purchase orders
· Complete necessary documentation (via computer) related to daily activity time tracking, time reporting, Visual, equipment down time tracking, and maintaining equipment logs
· Conduct weekly clean up requirements for personal areas (desk and workbench) and R&M shop area
· Electro-static discharge (ESD) protective wear must be worn when on the production floors. Cleanroom attire, personal protective equipment for high voltage work, working with chemicals, solder dross
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Associate’s degree (AS) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school is required
· Experience with basic hand and power tools (examples: soldering irons, microscopes) as well as digital voltmeters (DMV’s) and Oscilloscopes
· This position frequently requires reaching overhead, pulling heavy objects, moving in areas with limited access. Successfully completing lift test required.
· This position requires close and color vision
Cobham positions require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”) Political Asylee, or Refugee.