Cobham is seeking a Calibration Technician that will assist the Calibration PST on performing calibration of a multitude of Inspection, Measuring, and Test equipment within the facility; and learn and follow the Calibration Procedures for the various types of equipment requiring calibration on the established intervals. This position is located in Orchard Park, NY.
- Perform routine maintenance and calibration on many types of tools and instrumentation to verify accuracy integrity and performance acceptability for pressure, flow, dimensional, weight, torque, and other calibration requirements
- Obtain certification/training on special processes
- Actively participate in 5S and continuous improvement activities
- Comply with work policies and safety issues related to programs or equipment usage
- Learn and follow Calibration Procedures, manufacturer’s technical manuals, and drawings/blueprints
- Prepare Calibration Reports and Records
- Identify out of Tolerance conditions
- Assist with cross training
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- 1 year of experience in calibration of Test and Measurement tools and instruments
- Experience creating Excel spreadsheets
- Familiarity with ISO 10012 or equivalent
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Associates Degree in a Technology Field
- 5 years relevant experience in Test and Measurement Calibration technology
- Experience calibrating flow, pressure, mechanical or electrical devices
- Experience with high pressure pneumatics
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and personnel, supervisors, and managers
- Experience with enterprise database products
- Understanding of Lean, Six Sigma, Cellular Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement concepts
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers