Cobham Mission Systems are looking for a Quality Control Inspector to monitor and validate the Quality of Parts and/or Assemblies and to provide specialist inspection capability across business functions.
The working hours for this role are a rotating shift pattern of; Monday – Thursday 6am – 2pm, Friday 6am – 1.30pm or Monday – Thursday 1.45pm – 10pm, Fridays 1.15pm – 7.45pm. This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Quality Control Inspector your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Experience of working in an Inspection environment
- Recognised CMM operator training - Preferred
- Internal Auditor desirable
- ONC/HNC level or equivalent desirable
- Familiar with general inspection techniques and their appropriate selection
- Familiar with AS9102 FAIR requirements
- Ability to read and interrogate engineering drawings including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Able to manage the balance between Independence and willingness to re-assess when new data/information available.
- Familiar with general non-conformance processes
- Ability to interact with Suppliers and Internal Customers
- Ability to programme, operate and interrogate CMM reports
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office packages
As a Quality Control Inspector your main responsibilities will involve:
- Perform Goods Inwards product quality & supporting paperwork checks (CofC, Purchase Order et cetera) in accordance with business processes (CCP & PFC’s). Evaluate conformance to Engineering requirements.
- Inspect partially and fully completed Assemblies to Engineering requirements.
- Conduct Patrol Inspection of random stages to ensure compliance to drawing and process.
- Raise NCRs for non-conforming product detected at the goods-in stage and support production detected non conformities when required
- Provide ad-hoc business support against specific demand for Inspection/measurement of product where required
- Liaise with Suppliers and Manufacturing staff to help resolve queries when required
- Review completed supplier generated FAI’s and Grade 1 part control plans and amend MRP and VisualFAIR systems accordingly
- Compile FAIRs for internal assembly work to provide evidence of conformity of process and product.
- Support Supplier Quality Engineers and Quality Engineering where appropriate
- Perform sample product audits of Ship to Stock parts
- Support the internal Calibration programme for measurement equipment
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page