Cobham Mission Systems are looking for a Design Quality Assurance Engineer to act as the Quality authority within our Product development teams. These teams are cross-functional and own the Product from Concept through to In-Service. In this role you will take the lead in ensuring that quality requirements are addressed throughout the development of new products. This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
Cobham’s business is built on the assurance of Quality and building customer confidence in our products. We are growing our Quality team to provide leadership into key areas of Customer Programmes and Design Assurance. Cobham is investing in a 50% increase of our team from 30 to 45 staff to strengthen our business and help to deliver Quality products on-time. The Quality Department is core in working across all functions to improve our process through corrective and preventive means.
As a Design Quality Assurance Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree qualified desirable
- Sound engineering experience and associated Quality knowledge.
- Proven background in Quality Assurance and thorough understanding of
Quality tools and techniques
- Quality Planning – ability to effectively flow down Customer specific
requirements into new designs, and ensuring capture of all quality requirements
relating to the achievement of product compliance
- Excellent root cause analysis and corrective action understanding, including
use of lean tools such as 8D, and DFMEA / PFMEA.
- Proven Quality experience operating in EN9100, EN9110, TickIT Plus, EASA
Part-21(G) & EASA Part-145 environments QMS and auditing experience, ideally in an aerospace environment
- Attention to detail and methodical approach
- Self-starter with a desire for problem solving and process improvement
- Professional conduct and good communication skills to influence both
internally and externally.
As a Design Quality Assurance Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Being the Quality Representative in an Integrated Product Team for a specific technology.
- Determination and generation of Quality plans to meet Customer requirements
- Ensuring Quality plans are implemented and translated into robust production process controls
- Ensure Quality Management System adherence to EN9100, EASA Part 21(G) and Part 145, and with customer approvals throughout the Product Development Lifecycle
- Ensure robust change control and configuration management process is implemented
- Manage and host Product Development auditing activities
- Manage Quality escapes and Customer investigations
- Drive product and process non-conformance investigations and associated root cause analysis activities including concession management
- Conduct required First Article Inspections and ensure smooth transition of new products into production
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page