Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
The PMM provides technical support to the discovery and development of new product ideas or strategic product extensions. This person will collect and classify new product ideas or strategic product extensions to support the evaluation of their potential to address customer needs and to achieve goals in revenue growth and market share. They will also capture specifications for product requirements and functionality while developing or supporting the development of design briefs for new product ideas, including specifications, sketches and/or models to present a clear and focused concept for strategic consideration
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clearly and effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Define, develop, and execute business plan in collaboration with the Product Marketing team.
- Develop market strategies, grow the business and create forecasts for standard products.
- Maintain current status of customer requirements for existing and future products.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend marketing opportunities consistent with Standard Product Portfolio objectives.
- Develop and coordinate development of product marketing collateral.
- Create forecasts for the Standard Product Portfolio to show growth potential and present to Product Marketing team.
- Perform market analysis to include TAM, SAM, SOM, Research and Development, Cost Analysis, and Return on Investment (ROI).
- Support and create 5 year product roadmaps.
- Support product development from concept to production and sales including export classification and product life cycle.
- Monitor pricing and margin goals and support business capture, proposal, and quote strategies.
- Support product concept solicitation and selection, investigation via VOTC, product definition (Product Objective Specification and Statement of Work) and product justification to include development plan, schedule, cost, risk, PDT definition, and market analysis.
- Execute product introduction, positioning, roll-out, and Go To Market Strategy via identifying launch strategy and launch customer.
- Work directly with customers.
- Support Seminars, Webinars, Road Shows, Videos, Conferences, Advertising and Training Initiative.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EDUCATION EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering (BSCE), Systems Engineering, or Physics/Radiation Assurance from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum 8-10 years related experience.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- MBA preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, along with presentation skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Possess excellent time-management skills
- Self-starter attitude with a desire to solve problems, support co-workers, and grow his/her technical skills using whatever means are necessary (e.g. lab work, simulation, technical papers, added coursework, etc.).
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants
Cobham positions require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”) Political Asylee, or Refugee.