Cobham is seeking a Buyer III that will plan, schedule and monitor the movement of materials through the production cycle and will determine required materials purchases. This position is located at our rapidly growing facility in Davenport, IA.
- Procure a variety of goods and services in accordance with company policies in an MRP/ERP environment.
- Purchase Indirect Materials and Services, including large MRO (Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul) contracts.
- Review and issue purchase-orders and make necessary changes to include: obtaining quotes, negotiating costs, payment terms, and related issues.
- Expedite and track required parts or processes to support production schedules.
- Will be expected to initiate engineering changes within the plant and with external suppliers.
- Serve as liaison between internal Cobham customers and suppliers.
- Assist in resolving supplier related quality issues.
- Expected to mentor less experienced buyers.
- Will work closely with strategic procurement functions
- Lead and participating in cross functional procurement projects
- Ability to lead and manage change
- Expected to perform as a subject matter expert in cross functional teams.
- Perform duties in accordance with FAR, DFAR, and other government regulations in accordance with Cobham policies and procedures.
- Occasional travel is required.
- Perform all duties according to prescribed safety, health, and environmental principles.
- Ability to obtain a professional certification within 12-18 months of employment
- Ability to work well in team environment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following areas: Business, Finance, or Supply Chain
- 6+ Years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- 6+ Years negotiating experience
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Master's Degree
- Professional certifications (i.e. APICS, ISM, etc.)
- Production planning experience in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of ERP or MRP Systems
- Experience reading blueprints
- Documented MS Office experience: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrated verbal, written, and presentation skills
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobhamcareers.com or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham.
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobhamcareers.com.