Manage the materials transferred from Engineering to Production by approving quantities, schedules and parts list to ensure timely and complete ordering as well as receipt and issuance of production material requirements; plan, review and develop production procedures and personnel; use Enterprise-wide resource systems, such as SAP to conduct resource planning; maintain reports to reflect scheduling, methods, support performance and process procedures; select, develop and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
- Develop department goals and objectives, including measurements consistent with company goals.
- Supervises, coordinates and performs a variety of administrative staff work such as: scheduling, maintaining records, responding to requests for information or services; performing related administrative planning and research activities; preparing correspondence, reports, statistical information, developing policies, procedures and/or training methods.
Completes performance evaluations; may make hiring recommendations, recommends disciplinary actions; approves vacations and time off; prepares work schedules and assignments; supervises the activities of assigned personnel; monitors reports and records keeping activities filed by assigned personnel for completeness, accuracy and adherence to policy and procedures; instructs staff in departmental policies and techniques and provides training.
Provide status reports to upper management regarding output status.
Participate in the planning of revenue, products, resources and other business needs.
Manage budget parameters and work within assigned headcount; manage resources required by department such as material, equipment and documentation; continuously seek ways to improve to reduce cost and move forward.
Review all pre-production WIP Master and communicate schedules and work order releases; assist Responsible Engineers, Mechanical Engineer and Program Managers and technicians regarding all pre-production issues.
Attend meetings as required and coordinate manufacturing reviews of all first article units and coordinate first article through manufacturing process.
Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices.
Ensure 5S is adhered to and sustained with work area.
Coordinate, schedule and facilitate as applicable Lean/Six Sigma activities for own work area as well as for other areas to enhance cross-functional problems solving; utilize Company tool champions as appropriate for more significant learn events.
Develop, track and report visual metrics, including KPI’s for area; react to metrics by identifying and solving problems, making improvements and advancing process control.
Develop and support teams that make suggestions, take initiative and actively implement improvements.
Collaborate in team meeting and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Cobham Managers and Supervisors are committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment. They are expected to lead by example and to ensure proper safety behaviors are demonstrated by their direct reports. They are expected to maintain a work area that is free from hazards and in which the equipment functions properly. Manager and Supervisors are required to take action on any unsafe condition or safety violation of which they become aware. Managers and Supervisors are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the Cobham goal of zero accidents and injuries.
- Eight (8) years of experience in production control, materials, scheduling with a minimum of Two (2) years in a supervisory/leadership role within a manufacturing environment overseeing the work of team/department/employees, including hiring, training, performance evaluation, training, coaching and mentoring
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Materials, Manufacturing or related field, a plus.
- Working in a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Power Point, Excel and Word software programs; working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system such as SAP.
- Required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which requires US citizenship
- Certified Production Inventory Control Manager (CPICM); or
- Certified Integrated Resource Manager (CIRM); or
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) – desirable.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.