Cobham is seeking a Laser Operator I to support our IRFS Value Stream in the Microwave Electronic Assembly Department. The Laser Operator I will set up and operate a variety of automatic and semi-automatic lasers (Yttrium Aluminum Garnet (YAG), seam sealers
(resistance welding) and cap welding equipment all used to seal components produced in the Microwave area. Checks and inspects machined parts against pre-determined tolerances. This position is located in Lansdale, PA.
Works from engineering design drawings, diagrams, and schematics, verbal or written instructions to test and build mechanical and/or electro-mechanical units, systems and subsystems.
Provides support to higher level technicians or supervisor, working in a research or design/development environment.
Receives detailed instructions and equipment requirements from supervisor or engineering personnel
Position requires working 2nd shift which is 2:30 – 12 midnight. May need to be available for training during the hours of 12:30 – 9 PM. Shift Differential will apply.
Must be able to work independently
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience using microscope and small hand tools such as tweezers
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
- One year experience as a Laser Operator
- Ability to read engineering design drawings, blueprints and schematics
- Knowledge of XYZ axis.
- One year using verbal or written instructions to test and build mechanical and/or electro-mechanical subsystems.
- Good PC skills including Microsoft Office
- Preference given to those who have worked in Aerospace or Defense Industry or manufacturing/production environment.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobhamcareers.com or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham.
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobhamcareers.com.